My keyboard is not working...I think somehow it got flipped…

Customer Question
My keyboard is not working...I...
My keyboard is not working...I think somehow it got flipped to the alternate keyboard with blue or red keys
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
May I know the model number of the keyboard?
What do you mean by alternate keyboard?
Thank you.
S H E F I N
Tech Support Specialist: Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer
Hi
Try Alt and the left shift key pressed at the same time.
That is how Windows switches between installed languages.
Please DON'T rate me bad/poor as it affects my ratings.
Else, if your problem is resolved then please rate me GOOD so that I get paid for my services.
Thanks
Toshiba Satellite C850 PSKC8C-08E00R
Your suggestion helped but I cannot type more than 4 letters...
You could type up to four letters properly but after that keyboard flips.Right?
Please tell me what happens.
Thanks :)
Hold down the left Shift and Control key at the same time for 5 seconds.
not helping ...can type letters but logging into email cannot type ampersand.
sorry it is the "at" key
and backspace not working
Hello!
I would suggest you try changing the keyboard layout to english and check if the issue persists. Please follow the instructions below.
Click Start button, type intl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
On the Keyboards and Language tab, click Change keyboards.
Click Add.
Expand the language that you want. For example, English (United States).
Expand Keyboard list, select the United States-International check box, and then click OK.
In the Default input language list, click Language name - United States-International (where Language name is ***** ***** that you selected in step 4), and then click OK two times.
In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click OK.
Notice that the Language bar appears on the taskbar. When you position the mouse pointer over it, a ToolTip appears that describes the active keyboard layout.
Click the Language bar, and then click United States-International on the shortcut menu that appears.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N
Hi, Please go to the link below, download and run the Fix it tool. Check if the issue persists.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/306560 Thank you.S H E F I N
Control panel> Regional and Language Options>Keyboards and Languages tab>Change Keyboards
You'll see the "Text Services and Input Languages" screen pop up.
Click on the Advanced Key Settings tab
Highlight "Between input languages" and click the "Change Key Sequence..." button.
The column on the right, called "Switch Keyboard Layout" is what is actually changing your language setting.
Change it to 'Not Assigned'.
I did Mr. Fixit has not solve problem.
no back up amd no @ key so far...
Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?
Thank you.
S H E F I N
yes you may. It was working fine on Thursday night and then Friday morning I had issues. not a problem accessing my laptop.
Hi, Please go to the link below, click Download listed under All-In-One: TeamViewer full version.https://www.teamviewer.com/hi/index.aspx After installing it, let me know the ID (E.g 578 467 234) and password (E.g. 2345), so that I can access your computer. Thank you.S H E F I N
requested page cannot be found
Press the left shift key and left control key together, at the same time TWICE.
Trust me this should work!
Please try the link once again.
https://www.teamviewer.com/hi/index.aspx
Thank you.
S H E F I N
sorry Shelfin page not found
my apologies for mispelling your name
Hi, Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7d0c6c7e-924e-4d74-8a1f-32f92413e333 Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer
I have contacted you on an old desk top and so when I type the address on the Toshiba I do not have a ? so cannot put the address in
Hi, Have you tried changing the keyboard layout? Please follow the instructions in the link below.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/change-keyboard-layout#1TC=windows-7 Also, watch the video below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjldN3TKQ9Y Thank you.S H E F I N
Customerthis is an old computer I will try but ...
Can I not sign off on this computer and try and sign in on the Toshiba?
that is sign back in to Just Answer
Hi, You can sign in to the new computer. Try the instructions on the computer that you are experiencing issues with. Please sign in to justanswer on the other computer and select this auestion. Thank you.S H E F I N
nevermind without the @ key I cant sign on. Why can you not remotely access the Toshiba and get this fixed?
Hi, Can you install Teamviewer on your Toshiba computer? Open google, and search for Teamviewer. Download and install teamviewer. After installing it, let me know the ID (E.g 578 467 234) and password (E.g. 2345). Thank you.S H E F I N
asking basic installation...installation to access this computer remotely (unattended) or runo only (one time use)
and...
How do you want to use TeamViewer? company, personal, or both
Hi, Please run it, Use personal. Thank you.S H E F I N
687 455 531
password *****
Hi,Let me control the computer. Thank you.S H E F I N
CustomerI need to go downstairs and let the dog out will be back in fifteen minutes. Let me know what I need to do..thanks. Nancy
Hi, Can you open Teamviewer, and let me know the new password? Thank you.S H E F I N
well here is my problem I downloaded and they did not ask me info and I can't sign in because I still do not have the @ key so I cannot log in with my password. It is not you but this is so frustrating.
Hi, May I know the model number of your Toshiba Laptop, you can find it from the bottom side of the Laptop. Thank you.S H E F I N
PSKC8C-08E00R
Hi, That is not the model number. Please check for a number like this. Satellite C850-BT2N11 Thank you.S H E F I N
Thelabel reads:
Satellite C850
Part no PSKC8C-08E00R
No. du Modele
Serial No. 7C315588R
No de serie
on another label I have product key
Hi, Please try the following. Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).Normally power on the notebook. Check if the issue persists, and let me know the result. Thank you.S H E F I N
no @ key and no question mark.
Hi, Please go to the link below, download and run the Fix it tool.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/troubleshoot-keyboard-problems Thank you.S H E F I N
site not found
Hi, Are you chatting from the same Toshiba computer, that you are experiencing issues with? Thank you.S H E F I N
no
Hi, I have accessed the same faulty computer before. Right? Thank you.S H E F I N
As I explained since I could not access typing on the Toshiba went to my old desktop so I could get help. Do you want me to try and log on Just answer on the Toshiba now that I have some keyboard functions.
Hi, Can you log into the faulty computer? Thank you.S H E F I N
ill try
now on the toshiba...dont know if this means anything but i keep getting this message; sync encountered an error while syncing failed to connect to the server. sync will automatically retry this action
Hi, Please go to (click) the link below, download and run the Fix it tool.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/troubleshoot-keyboard-problems Than you.S H E F I N
still have issues...
Hi, Have you tried pressing the Fn and Num lock keys together at the same time? Thank you.S H E F I N
////;;;;2222 tried still issues
Hi, I was accessing the same computer before. Right? Thank you.S H E F I N
yes
Hi, Please click the Start button, from the Start menu, right click on Computer and select properties. It will System Window. Over there, select Device Manager from the left pane. In Device manager, click and Expand Keyboards. Under keyboard, you will see the keyboard name. Right click on it and select Uninstall. Complete the uninstallation and restart the computer. Let me know if t6he issue persists. Thank you.S H E F I N
i uninstalled one keyboard do you want both done
Hi, Please do both and restart the computer. Thank you.S H E F I N
uninstalled and restarted still have issues
and when i check it is still showing those same two keyboards even though i uninstalled
Hi, Are you using two keyboards with the computer? If you are using an external keyboard, check if you are experiencing issues with both keyboards. If no, please try system restore. Please click Start button, select All programs, Accessories, System Tools and select System restore. Select restore the computer to an earlier date. Follow the on screen instructions. Select a date when the computer was working fine. Thank you.S H E F I N
It will reappear after restarting the computer. We are just checking the driver issues.
i have done the restore and still have issues...also when i shift i do not get a capital. Customeryou have tried but i need a break we have been at this over 5 hours...and i am tired and frustrated.
Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would suggest you contact a local technician, becuase the issue might be with the keyboard itself. Thank you.S H E F I N
thanks. just an fyi i will be asking for a refund sorry...
Hi, I would suggest you contact our customer support to get a refund. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help Thank you.S H E F I N
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist