Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have no disk, but could you tell me how to get my computer

Customer Question

I have no disk, but could you tell me how to get my computer from keep going to just startup repair and nowhere else?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I would have to ask first, what maker and what model # ***** computer do you have?And, what source is the computer booting up off of, if it has no disk?(Or, do you mean that you have no Restore disc? or no Windows installing disc?) - If you have a hard disk in your computer, and that is what it is booting up off of, and if it is a Windows computer, then you would need to press F8 and get into Safe Mode, when powering On your computer. (Turn it On, press F8 repeatedly about once every second, until the Safe Mode selection menu, all text with one highlight bar on the selection, that can be moved up and down the selections with up or down arrow keys on the keyboard... and you can see the three selections - usually - for Safe Mode bootups there. Below them, there are several options, not all of them Startup Repair. Try 'Boot Using Last Known Good Configuration' first. It may not work any better, if not, try the other options... cautiously, and knowing what you are doing. Let me advise you, if you have any doubts at any point.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My laptop is a lenova b575 and windows 7 and I have tried all that, the only thing it does when I push power is loading windows, Microsoft, and straight to startup repair and it can't be automatically fixed and that the root cause is the boot manager failed to find OS loader file repair results: Failed. Error code = 0×2.