My dell 1165SnFw has recently stopped copying when I press

Customer Question
My dell B 1165SnFw has...
My dell B 1165SnFw has recently stopped copying when I press command-p. My computer shows a window which says the printer is turned off. When I pussh the message to the on position, the dell B 1165 unit does not respond. What should I do? The wifi in my house is working fine.
Bob
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
6/20/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using. Windows xp, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or a mac? If you have a mac please check your os version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Thank you, *****
Windows 8,using a dellE24114Hx
Dustin S.:
Did you get my subsequent message?Bob
I understand you mentioned the wifi in your house is working fine.
That being said.. Id like to try the complete procedure below as our initial repair attempt.
Turn off the computer, Turn off the printer. Unplug your Wifi router from power.
Wait one minute. Turn on the wifi router, and then afterwords turn on the Printer and computer.
Then.. follow these steps on your windows 8 computer next
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
Tap or click PC and devices. Then, tap or click on your dell printer.. And remove / delete it. Once deleted..
Then, on the PC and devices screen, and tap or click Devices.
Tap or click Add a device.
Wait a moment for windows to discover the devices. It should pick up your dell printer. ( if it picks up more then one copy of the dell printer let me know )
When it sees your dell printer, select it. Then add it.
Once it completes the install of the printer.
Try to print something again.
If you run into any issues completing these steps let me know and I will assist you further as needed.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustib :
Sorry my dell computer is a Dell E2414Hx. The printer is a Dell B1165nfw
Not a problem. As long as your dell computer has windows 8 installed on it. The above steps are still correct. I will repost them below for reference. ( and if you run into ANY issues completing these steps dont hesitate to reply ) I understand you mentioned the wifi in your house is working fine. That being said.. Id like to try the complete procedure below as our initial repair attempt.Turn off the computer, Turn off the printer. Unplug your Wifi router from power. Wait one minute. Turn on the wifi router, and then afterwords turn on the Printer and computer.Then.. follow these steps on your windows 8 computer nextSwipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)Tap or click PC and devices. Then, tap or click on your dell printer.. And remove / delete it. Once deleted..Then, on the PC and devices screen, and tap or click Devices.Tap or click Add a device. Wait a moment for windows to discover the devices. It should pick up your dell printer. ( if it picks up more then one copy of the dell printer let me know )When it sees your dell printer, select it. Then add it. Once it completes the install of the printer. Try to print something again.If you run into any issues completing these steps let me know and I will assist you further as needed.I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/95m2p-dell-1165snfw-recently-stopped-copying-when-press.html?src=pql&sso=1#ixzz3dcspzLAJ
I am back. I cannot use the printer because it continues to say it is offline. Furthermore, I cannot see how this process can work if I am unable to talk to you while I am online following your instructions contemporaneously.Bob
We do have a phone support option Bob, I can send the offer for that additional service if youd prefer.. Other then that, if you have a second computer, a tablet, or a smartphone. You could use it to view the instructions while you carry them out. Also, you should only be offline for a couple of minutes. And while your offline the only steps you would need to do are just turn everything. Unplug your wifi router from power. Wait for 1 minutes. And then turn everything back on. Once the computer boots back up you would be online and be able to view the instructions and continue. Let me know how you''d like to proceed. Dustin S.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist