Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

We purchased an asus monitor 1 mo ago in best buy, their demo

Customer Question

we purchased an asus monitor 1 mo ago in best buy, their demo had the screen divided into 4 quarters with dotted lines and when we got home so did our new monitor. My husband took new monitor and new tower back to best buy at their request and they corrected the problem. Today the screen has got the lines dividing it again but now the center of the screen has rectangular box going from left to right 1/2 the size of the screen and also a vertical box covering almost the full visual of the screen intersecting in the center. Is there an fix we can do at home instead of taking our computer apart and going back to best buy
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. Can you give me the model number of the monitor please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MX279

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Click on your Start button then click on All Programs and look for Asus Utility. Let me know when you find it please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looked in all programs and no asus utility listed

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
There should be one listed somewhere in the start menu? Click on the Start button again, and in the Search field, type Asus and see if it finds it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

typed in search field no asus listing found

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Do you know what type of video card your computer is using?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
If not, just give me the make and model of the computer please.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Still with me?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Please locate the function buttons of the monitor along the lower front right side and let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay found function buttons
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
From left to right, the very first button is called the Quick Fit button. It will allow you to change the display. Try pressing it and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I push the button it has options of 8x10 a4 4x6
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Correct. If you push it repeatedly you should be able to change the display back to the way you like.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
How's it going?