How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 10913
Experience:  13+ years experience
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to locate my ex-wife employer. I know she is working but cant prove it in

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to locate my ex-wife employer. I know she is working but cant prove it in court Her name is***** she lives in Dana Point, Ca. ss#***-**-**** last known address 34148Selva Rd. Dana Point, CA. 92629.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you had all this together, you might be able to tell where her employer is (granted that she has an employer), or likewise you might be able to tell whether she is employed (at any legally in-good-standing enterprise that pays taxes to the state or the nation, as is required of buseinesses):
1. her Social Security Number
2. Her state of current residence (perhaps not essential.)
3. a lawyer's injunction, or a court order, requiring the information from the Social Security Administration, as to what (income) taxes have been paid lately in her name, or if any (income) taxes have been paid at all.
I do not know that there is *any* means of obtaining this information without a court order, and that court order would have to be based upon some good legal reason for requiring the information. It sounds difficult and unlikely.
As for doing a 'search', whether in cyber-space or by way of P.I. work, and finding her supposed employer... that sounds highly expensive, slow, and unlikely to succeed.
And certainly, even if such a 'search' method turned up nothing, it would not prove her unemployed. Nor prove her employed either. That's why I suggest the approach of requiring information from the SSA re her SSN.
Unfortunately, I do not see how you could cite a legally avlid reason for obtaining such private information. But I'm not a Legal Expert, and if you like to consult one, I will Opt Out of this case and request that this question be transferred to the Legal category.