I have 35,000 messages and would like to remove all but the

Customer Question
last 2 years. How do...
I have 35,000 messages and would like to remove all but the last 2 years. How do I do that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
6/18/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Who is your e-mail with?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
I do not want you to remote to my computer. I just want the answer.
These messages are on your e-mail if i am correct who is your e-mail with?
Email is with msn
I am not going to call you for an additional $20. Just forget it. I thought that you had my answer.
Where is the answer that you promised to provide to me?
My email is
***@******.***
The answer is a bit long, so it took me a few minutes to type. Apologies.
Please login to your msn email via www.hotmail.com
Click inside the search box and select Advanced Search
Scroll down where it says "Date and Range"
In the date, enter the date and in the range select earlier than date, this is where you will select the date and the range. Once done, click search and it will filter out all emails based on your search.
You can then select all, and hit select everything (after performing this search) and then hit the Delete button.
This will delete the emails you want to delete based on the date and range.
Hope this answers your question.
Thanks
Not totally satisfied with your answer. Partial answer but all of my question is not answered. I would like to delete all messages in the range that U.S. Identified without checking each and every box within that range. Remember I have over 39.000 messages. Joan N.
I understand, you do not have to check each and every box as stated in the instructions above (you need to do a select all after performing the search)
There is a select all option on the top, besides Filter By (under the New button).
You just put a check on that box, and click "Select everything in this view" and then select delete.
At that rate you will only select about 36 messages at a time. There has got to be a better way to select all items from the particular timeframe selected. If there is no better answer than that, I will never be satisfied with your answer.
Once you hit the check box, a option appears called "select everything in this view", you have to click on it and then hit delete. (this is what i advised above) and this is what will delete the entire search you did.
I know that it doesn't make sense to delete 35, or each of the messages individually out of 39,000 messages. The instructions i have given above is for deleting the entire search (39,000, 40,000 or as many as comes up in the search)
I have not been successful in that attempt but I will continue to try.
Let me connect with you without charging additional so i can do this for you.
What do I do?
Please click the link below:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=831138
OR >>>CLICK ME<<<
A program called 'support-logmeinrescue.exe' will be downloaded.
Click on the downloaded file and click run.
If asked by system to allow the file to run, select "Yes/Allow/OK"
Thanks
Not enough memory to run this operation. Any alternative?
No Alternative for a program. All programs will return this message.
Can you go with me step by step.
First, make the advanced search for messages you want to delete.
(don't do anything else)
once the search is completed, reply back here.
Ok. Let me log back in.
Okay.
Can we continue this discussion tomorrow late morning? My computer is not working right now.
That's not a problem. We can continue tomorrow. Take Care and Have a Good Day/Night. Thanks