I cleaned my POS X touchscreen and now it wont work. I plugged

Customer Question
I cleaned my POS X...
I cleaned my POS X touchscreen and now it wont work. I plugged in a mouse and it works and then starts shaking on the screen. How do i fix this issue?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
6/14/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your touch screen monitor, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.
how did you clean it and what have you used to clean the monitor.
did you clean it with liquid cleaner.
I put a glass cleaner on a cloth and wiped it. Its in my bar and was really dirty, I thought maybe I pressed on it to hard and possibly disabled the touch part of it
make sure its not wet unplug the power cable from the monitor and unplug it from the system its connected too.
press and hold down the power button on the monitor for 30 seconds and release it make sure the power cable is not connected when you perform the step.
connect it back after few mins and let me know how it goes.
Im not at my bar right now. I will do it later this morning and let you know if that worked!
if the liquid has not shot circuited the monitor then it will definitely work and if it does not work that means it has a short circuit and will need a repair and if the monitor is in warranty then you can get a replacement, spilled liquid does not cover warranty.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist