Yesterday we lost our Paste function and I can't find any fix…

Customer Question
yesterday we lost our Paste...
yesterday we lost our Paste function and I can't find any fix for it - ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Check with the Administrator to see if the allow copy-and-past functionality is Disabled. If it is they will need to allow clipboard redirection group policy.
Do not allow clipboard redirection
Description:
Specifies whether to prevent the sharing of clipboard contents (clipboard redirection) between a remote computer and a client computer during a Remote Desktop Services session.
You can use this setting to prevent users from redirecting clipboard data to and from the remote computer and the local computer. By default, Remote Desktop Services allows clipboard redirection.
If the status is set to Enabled, users cannot redirect clipboard data.
If the status is set to Disabled, Remote Desktop Services always allows clipboard redirection.
If the status is set to Not Configured, clipboard redirection is not specified at the Group Policy level. However, an administrator can still disable clipboard redirection using the Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration tool.
Location:
Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Remote Desktop Services \ Remote Desktop Session Hosts \ Device and Resource Redirection \ Do not allow clipboard redirection
Was not configured, so I Enabled, Disabled, Not Configured, back and forth. Left at Disabled but still not allowing Copy/Paste.
Try this next please> on the Windows Remote Desktop Connection — before you Connect, click Options to expand the RDP connection window.
Click the Local Resources tab. Under Local devices and resources, click More.
In the new window, click Drives. Click OK to close.
Go back to General tab and click Save to save the settings for next time.
Still does not Copy/Paste. Also, our security policy prohibits connecting local drives to the server so even if it did work I would not be able to use that "fix" - although it does not work so its not an issue. Just letting you know --
okay,try this next please> Open task manager (right click taskbar and select Task Manager)
Go to the Processes Tab
Select rdpclip.exe
Click End Process
Go to the Application Tab
Click New Process
Type rdpclip
Click Ok
Have already done that - 4 times. Does not fix problem.
Okay, sorry about that. I will open the question and let the other experts take a look at it. Thank you for your patience.
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.
ctrl V is usually paste
and have you tried just rebooting the server ?
Ctrl V does not work, either. Yes, have already hard-booted server.
is this on the server itself or in a remote session ?
In remote sessions. Our server is hosted so none of can physically log on to the server itself - we all connect thru RDP
But, to be clear - this is only happening in the server sessions, not on anyone's local machines
there are a bunch of possible fixes on this page
http://superuser.com/questions/399917/how-can-i-restore-copy-paste-functionality-for-my-remote-desktop-connection
Have tried ever suggested fix on your link - still not working.
I am sorry but i think its best i opt out here. This seems to be a pretty common problem with remote to the server.
its usually in that rdclip service or a group policy but you have tried all of those. I think all that i would be doing is looking up googles for you at this point so i am going to opt out and see if somebody else here can do a bit better for you.
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Thank you,
Jason
No, resolved, and not happy about already paying when nobody could give me anything I didn't already find on the web myself. So, no thank you - I don't want to pay yet more $$ with no guarantee of a fix.
I am not the previous people you have communicated with.
If I don't fix the problem, there is no charge.
Jason Jones, Computer Expert