Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have been using 'Family Tree since 2004.......I have subscribed

Customer Question

I have been using 'Family Tree since 2004.......I have subscribed to the Family Tree Magazine for this same length of time......I have the series of Family Tree discs up through series 7 and even some 'combo series'..........I have VOLUMES of printed 'trees' including facts and history.............I have several 'fbk'.......I can get NOTHING to appear on my screen.........please help me bring back my old 'collections on AWNunnnery; Thomas Bilbrey through my generation today, Frank Willett back through the old Texas Ranger days...........please help..........I am so frustrated..it said contact 'geneology .com' who said go somewhere else.....I became so frustrated I cancled my ancestry .com account.....HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
When was the last time it worked properly?
May I start a remote session that way I can take a closer look at the problem and fix it for you directly?
Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No...CANCEL THIS WHOLE PROCEDURE............I DO NOT WANT A MONTHLY SERVICE OF ANY KIND!!!!!............I WAS MISLED AS TO WHAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION I WAS SEEKING............
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
The monthly subscription is only optional, you are in no way forced to subscribe to anything. You can pay for the question you're asking now providing you're happy with the outcome.
Would you like to continue so we get Family Tree working again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i HAVE HAD HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES WITH 'HELPERS' IN THE PAST..........I AM SO SORRY/////I just want my Family Tree discs (of which I have over twenty in number) to play back what I have already recorded.......please please do not give me some eager 'other than local continental help...........I am so sorry, if this isugly.......I just want what I have been using to continue to work.........nothing new........nothing famcy.
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean by helpers but I can assure you the experts we have on our website are highly qualified engineers for the most part who have vast experience in solving computer problems.
The service is guaranteed so you have nothing to worry about in that department.
When do you remember Family Tree working properly?
If you have an estimated date that would be good to see which route to take in finding a solution for you.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just checked my correspondence file......I really started Family Tree in 5/27/00!!!!!Nan (Bilbrey) Willett
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and what date was it last working for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it disappeared some two or three years ago......I just kept trying and trying to use my back up files, and copied discs..........even the little file you stick into the front of the computer (obviously I forget what you call that little gizmo that supoosedly holds tons of info).........nada.....
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Ok, it sounds like you will need remote assistance which means I connect to your computer and help you solve the problem from your own computer - problems like these, with outdated software, or incompatible software can be quite variable and relative to the system they're running on.
Would you like me to help you solve the problem remotely or would you prefer I link you to Ancestry's forum where they provide text-based help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes...........if you think you can possibly get through to this 'ancient brain' with whom you are tryinng to communicate.......How 'bout' I try to put in my Family Tree version 7 and let'ssee what happens? Is that assuming wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OoooI havem also, version 8
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lordy.....also just found Version 9
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are we 'in business' here.......or are you thinkin g a new start tomorrow.......and therefore 'take a break' and go 'fix dinner'?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
We can work on it now or tomorrow it is up to you!
I sent you a request for a remote session, once you click on Accept let me know so we get connected.