Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am not able to transfer my "music list" on i tunes to my

Customer Question

I am not able to transfer my "music list" on i tunes to my iPod.
I used to be able to drag the title from the list to, e.g."purchased", but the upgrade does not allow me to do so.
Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Newer versions of iTunes are a bit finicky when you bring data (i.e music) over from older versions. It would be a bit difficult to troubleshoot via chat because it could be a series of things that needs to be done to get your iTunes functioning as you would like it to...so would you be interested in additional services for a remote connection so that I can resolve it for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What does "additional services" mean?

So I can offer a service for a remote screen sharing session so that I can work on your computer while you watch. There is an additional fee incurred though. We could work through this chat for no additional cost but it would be quite challenging to get the information I need to give you the solution
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.

You are the expert, so I am willing to try to work through the chat with you.

OK no problem, so you could you go a little further in to what you mean by "does not allow me to do so"? Does it give you any error or just simply does not happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It simply does not happen

So it worked before you updated iTunes correct?
What is the source of your music list?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i tunes. I select from a number of albums, transfer them to the list and usually just drag to the intended place on my iPod

I understand, and is this the only machine you have synced your iPod with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

So do you already have some of this music synced on there and just trying to add more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Do you get any errors when you sync?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sync doesn't even show

I see...Please give this a try If syncing fails, the Sync button is greyed out and not available at all, or if you try to sync and nothing transfers over to the iPhone, iPod, or iPad, you may simply need to authorize the computer with iTunes:Open iTunes with the iOS device attached to the computer through USBPull down the “Store” menu and choose “Deauthorize This Computer”Now go back to the Store menu and choose “Authorize This Computer”Fill in the Apple ID and password ***** then choose “Authorize”