I was just looking through my picasa an noted that a ton of

Customer Question
pictures have just disappeared....
I was just looking through my picasa an noted that a ton of pictures have just disappeared.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/7/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
From where you lost the pictures ? From your computer or from your web album ?
Regards
Jins
My computer
Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish I can send you the details to connect.
Regards
Jins
I am out of town and would want to be on my pc should I accept this offer which I don't believe I will. If I'm going to pay for support services I think I'd rather go to a source I know and has proven itself reliable and that is the Geek Squad. I have issues with a service that continues to pile on fees without offering anything up front. I don't believe you provided any service to me and will be declining payment
The amount you need to pay is only a security deposit. If I can't fix the issue, you will get full refund.
Regards
Jins
You informed me that you needed to access my computer in order to provide support - which would cost me an additional fee. I don't KNOW you so WHY should I allow you access to my computer? Additionally, I see dollar signs instead of answers.
I need to access your system to check the issue and run the fix myself. For that we both should online same time. So, if you need remote support, accept my offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for the remote support.
Otherwise please follow, below steps.
First, uninstall Picasa.
Click on the Start menu on your computer taskbar.
Select All Programs.
Select Picasa 3.
Select Uninstall.
In the confirmation window that opens, click the Uninstall button.
Click the Yes button to remove your database.
Once you've successfully uninstalled, you can download and reinstall Picasa by visiting http://www.picasa.google.com.
After installing open Picasa. Select the option for scan whole computer for images. Then it will scan your photos to recreate your database.
Regards
Jins
I followed your instructions and wound up with EXACTLY what I had before I asked for your help. Don't think this is working - so, I fear I will NOT be paying for your services.
Okay, Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish I can send you the details to connect.
If I can't fix the problem you will get full refund.
Regards
Jins
Okay, I am tired of going back and forth. I've already been charged for you "service" so, I may just as well use it. I will be home most of the day today, so anytime you're available we can do what you proposed.
Thank you very much for accepting my additional services offer. Now, please go to http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu and download teamviewer client program. Double click on the downloaded file to launch the program. Then let me know the nine digit id and the password ***** shows you. Please make sure that program is running on your system and not closed. Then I can connect to your system and can fix the issue. You should keep it open until we finish the work. When I am trying to connect team viewer will notify you and you need to click on the Trustworthy button on that notification to authenticate me to connect.
Regards
Jins
I went to the link you provided and received an ID and Password ***** BUT when trying to download the program and I was told I need to close the program in order to install it. That makes no sense to me. Here is the information: ID 609 794 465 Password ***** Perhaps you can figure this out.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist