I am trying to rest my password, but the phone number is *****

Customer Question
in my account. so I...
I am trying to rest my password, but the phone number is ***** in my account. so I need to change my phone number.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please for which email service this is? eg: Yahoo, hotmail, gmail?
Thank you
yahoo
Thank you
When you created the account, did you set an alternative email address to be contacted on?
no
Ok, when you did not then you need to fill out a special form.
This form will have you provide some information about your account as well as a new alternate email address.
Access the form at the following link:
http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact
Once on that page choose Hacked Accounts, dont have access to my alternative account and fill in your information as detailed and accurate as possible.
When finished submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information. If you provided enough information to verify the account is yours they will send you a password ***** link.
Ultimately you will need to verify that this is your account or else you will not be able to get back in. Unfortunately since the internet can be a very dishonest place yahoo is unable to take anyone on their word.
If you get confused or need help during any part of the process please do not hesitate to reply to me and let me know so I can further assist. Most importantly you must provide them with an email address that they can contact you at under where it says alternate email address.
I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating Yahoo or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
thank you
Your welcome
If you need anything else at all, please let me know
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top and submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you