I need to get my Family Treemaker stuff over to my new Apple…

Customer Question
I need to get my...
I need to get my Family Treemaker stuff over to my new Apple Mini Mac. My old stuff was done in Word. My edition of Family Treemaker was probably in the 90's. Help Shirley
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
6/2/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Daniel, Macintosh Specialist replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Macintosh Specialist
Hello Shirley, my name is***** will help as much as I can.
The data is now on a Windows Vista PC, correct?
It was done in Microsoft Word?
What OS X is on the Apple Mini? Look in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac'.
Does the Mac Mini have Microsoft Office installed?
Lets start with that and see where it goes please.
Yes, on a back-up CD, I thought ready to get it on the mac mini.I do not have Microsoft on the mini. I wonder how much that costs?
OsX is 10.9.5
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Office is not bad. The entire suite is $140.00 and is downloadable to the Mac.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=msusa&id=ThreePgCheckoutShoppingCartPage
Just make sure you click the download button.
Or you can use Pages. Looks like an ink bottle in the dock.
That should have come with the Mac.
Pages reads and use Word docs fine.
I suggest trying Pages first though. You may need to install Treemaker on the Mac, it should use the same license it had for the Windows version.
Get it here.
http://www.familytreemaker.com/Products/Mac
Or it is just $40.00 which isn't bad, it has features the version you had doesn't.
Hope that helps, if not please let me know.
I have Family Tree Maker 3 on the Mac mini. I have a CD with the old backup information on it but it doesn't want to take it. Help!
Ok, now I think I see the problem.
With the CD mounted does it open?
What kind of message does it give you?