I need the procedure to restore my satellite A665 to the factory…

Customer Question
I need the procedure to...
I need the procedure to restore my satellite A665 to the factory settings./
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sam! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the laptop currently working fine right now? If no, what is showing on the laptop's screen now?

Can you confirm it has windows 7? Or another windows version?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I need th proc

Here is the procedure for Toshiba Windows xp, vista, and 7:

1. Make sure the device is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
  2. Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
  3. Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
  4. Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer/tablet. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
  5. If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
  6. A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
  7. Click Yes to continue.
  8. When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
  9. Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.

Reference:

https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2737864

For Toshiba Windows 8 and 8.1, please see the Reset instructions at the website below:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/How-To-Understanding-System-Restore-Refresh-Reset-and-Recovery/ta-p/342690

If it does not work, here is another method:

- Go to Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage another account, and create a new account, and select the Administrator option when prompted, then restart the computer

, then log in the new account, then go to Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage another account again, then select the old account, then delete the account and confirm delete files.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

I tried the power on with 0 key, the screen asks for password??? I put in the password that it should be and it powers off. ???

I'm sorry. When you turn on the laptop normally, does it ask for a password?

Is this BIOS / Setup password?

Do you see windows loading when turning on the laptop?

• Yes, I use a password ***** when I turn on the comuter, I think it's a BIOS, It comes up in a color blue bar type button. I see no windows loading, just a bar with white letters: Enter password.

Did you or someone set up that password *****? Do you remember that password? If yes, what happens when you enter the password? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

yes I set it up used it this morning, ok, until I received a CRYPTO viris that locked up my files, said I had to pay to unlock them... Thats why I want to restore my computer to factory settings...

So the password ***** ***** now right? Are you able to remove / disable the BIOS / Setup password *****? Please let me know. Thank you.

no, it worked this morning, not working now.

Password ***** ***** Since the BIOS / Setup does not work, we need to reset / clear it first. This can be a complicated issue. You would need to remove the power cord, the battery, the small cover at the back of the laptop, then remove the RAM memory sticks, and remove any sticker / clear tape in the memory compartment, then short the JCMOS jumpers (or B500 jumpers) for a few seconds, then it would clear the BIOS password.

Please click on the website below for the instructions video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onIDGekaqlI

, and/or click on the website below for the full instructions / illustrations:

http://digitalbart.com/blog/toshiba-satellite-a665-s5170-bios-password.html

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,