ASK toolbar has invaded my google chrome.How can I remove it…

Customer Question
ASK toolbar has invaded my...
ASK toolbar has invaded my google chrome.How can I remove it forever
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
5/30/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. What is the operating system on your computer? Windows xp, vista, 7, 8, etc....
It is very important to pay attention to additional checkboxes during the installation to avoid installing of unwanted applications or toolbars. The toolbars can slow down your internet browsers and also may cause redirected searches or failed keyword searches.Usually, Ask search engine (ask.com) is promoted via other free programs and once installed on your computer; they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine. Ask Toolbar Manual RemovalIn most cases, you can go to Add\Remove Programs and quickly find Ask.com listed and uninstall it. For Windows 7: - Click the "Start" button and select "Control Panel" - Click "Uninstall a Program" option found under the "Programs" category - Select the program with the Ask logo and the text "Ask Toolbar" - Click "Remove" For Windows Vista: - Close all open Web browsers - From the "Start" menu in Windows, select "Control Panel" - Under the "Programs" icon, select "Uninstall a program" - Select the program with the Ask logo and the text "Ask Toolbar" - Click "Uninstall" and then "Continue" to remove the Toolbar For Windows XP: - From the "Start" menu in Windows, select "Control Panel" - Click on "Add/Remove Programs". - Select the program with the Ask logo and the text "Ask Toolbar" - Click "Change/Remove" For Windows 8:- Go to Charm bar (Windows key+C) and then” Settings”, then "Control Panel" - Choose “Programs and Features” - Choose the Ask toolbar and delete itBut once the toolbar is removed, you may still see Ask.com as your homepage when you open up a new browser. In order to change that, follow the instructions below,• Launch Google Chrome and click the icon located on the right top corner.• Select the option Settings from the sub menu.• Click on Extensions from the left pane of the Windows, which is located just above the option Settings.• You may Disable the toolbar by removing the check mark from the optionEnabled. If you wish to remove the toolbar, click the recycle bin icon found next to the Enabled option. • Click on Chrome menu button once again. Select Settings.• Click Manager Search engines button under Search.• Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider.• Select Ask Search from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech