I have to boot up twice to get into my computer. The first…

Customer Question
I have to boot up...
I have to boot up twice to get into my computer. The first boot does nothing. I then have to do a hard stop by pressing the on-off button for a while. I try a second time and then it boots up. I have my boot startup sequence as the DVD first, then my hard
drive with the operating system: Windows 8.1. How do I fix this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
5/30/2015
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.
Please do thisReboot computer > Press Boot Select Menu > Select HDD , check if it boots to Windows
Please share system model if you don't know the Boot Select Menu key
waiting to hear from you
It did not work. I also have a selection that says hard drive BBS boot sequence. And also also a DVD drive sequence. Both are separate from the usualy regular boot sequence. I do not know what those are. Anyway the hard drive sequence is in the correct order the the OS drive first. I also get a 99 in the lower right hand corner when I try to boot up. What does that mean?
Thanks for update..
Does it shows 99 at every restart or at time when Windows doesn't boot?
please reply
It shows it when the boot is successful. When it is the first time to boot, which is not successful, it does not boot.
Thanks for reply.. You know Motherbaord have a predefined code for each successful stages and it is used to identify the stage at error occurs. Some Motherboard displays codes and on some others code will be hidden. Special devices is used to view this code. It helps the hardware technicians to find issue easly when hardware issue occurs.. Come back to our case, would you do this activity and update status.. 1: Reset BIOS settings to default2: Connect HDD on different SATA port if available on motherboard.If issue continues..Try disonnecting CD-DVD drive and check for issue Thanks