When I place CD in my computer to load AP it tells me my computer…

Customer Question
When I place CD in...
When I place CD in my computer to load AP it tells me my computer system will not support AP computer is a Tosgiba with Microsoft Vista what do I do please ? Richard
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
5/29/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.What program is 'AP', please ? I'm not sure, though I could guess it was Adobe Photoshop. What version of AP is on the disk, please? read the disk label to see the version, and also, what Windows versions it is compatible with.
By AP I simply meant loading the programme on the disk Version 13.01 I dont know what are compatible Windows versions I guess this is why I am seeking your assistance Richard
OK. What program is on the disk?Or if the program name is ***** ***** what disk is it?
Disk is a Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Recorder Edition Version 13.01
Awaiting your response
OK, thanks for the information. Dragon Naturally Speaking version 13.01 is compatible with the following Windows versions: Unfortunately, after some research, it is evident that version 13 of Dragon is not compatible with Windows Vista. Page 18 of this User Guide to Dragon version 13 specifically states the Windows compatibility to start with Windows 7:http://www.nuance.com/ucmprod/groups/corporate/@web-enus/documents/collateral/dns13_userguide.pdf I don't know what to suggest. This is not a case where you can set Compatibility Mode - that function only works toward earlier versions.It seems you need to get an earlier version of Dragon Naturally Speaking, one that still had compatibility with Windows Vista. Either that, or get a Windows 7 install onto your computer, perhaps.Let me know what you would like to pursue on this matter. Thanks.
Thank you
To repeat: Nuance's Dragon software, in version 13, cannot be installed and run, on Windows Vista. Only on Windows 7 or later. Would you like to pursue either getting Dragon version 12? ... I could research a source... or Windows 7 ? ...if so, let me know the model of your Toshiba computer.
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert