I had a Skype number and my credit card expired before

Customer Question
Hi I had a Skype number...
Hi
I had a Skype number and my credit card expired before I updated my account information. This happened over 1.5 years ago. Is it possible to get the same number reinstated?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
5/28/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.
If the number has expired in the past 90 days, you can log into your account and pick that number back up. After 90 days, the number goes back to Skype. You would have to go through the process to purchase an Online Number, where you can see if that number is ***** available. It may have been purchased by someone else, if more than 90 days has passed since the expiration of the number on your account. All the best.
let me know if you have any more question.
Thanks. It has been more than 60 days. When I tried to get the number again, it was not on the list of available numbers. When I call the number I just get a busy signal ( tried many times over several months), so it seems the number isn't assigned to someone else. Any suggestions?
Normally what happens is when you discontinue a working number then the number goes to to list of numbers which was used and not a fresh number try try to hold the numbers for 90 days and if any one wants it back they can get however after 90 days the numbers are sometime reused and open it to the public and if those numbers are not being taken by new customers they scrap then or remove them from the main server due to no usable or no more in use.