Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

Yahoo mail search is not working at all today. Now it started working, {sigh} after not

Customer Question

Yahoo mail search is not working at all today.
Now it started working, {sigh} after not working all day.
My big problems is getting Thunderbird to download all of my emails from Yahoo so I can go through them.
I've installed on two different computers, and each time it will download a few thousand messages, mostly from 2009, and then it won't download any more.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be the expert working with you today.
Did you try to use another browser to check if you still do not get the search option on the yahoo email page.
Are you using free yahoo email or a paid email.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm using free Yahoo email, but Yahoo now allows POP access for free, unlike before.Just to be clear, the Yahoo Search started working after not working all day. The big problem now is the issue with Thunderbird not downloading messages.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you cannot use a third party email software with yahoo as yahoo has no pop service any more which has been more than 5 years or so. clear your browsers history and cookies and try to reset the browser as well then you will get thes search option back.
If you want to use a pop3 server then you will have to opt for paid yahoo email.
Let me know if you have any more question.
I hope i have provided you the information you were looking for.
Please click on one of the star or the smiley face and hit submit to rate my services and if you have any more question feel free to ask.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's no longer true. Please look at the following link and its details:https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN15803.html?impressions=true
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to go to bed now. I don't know if you can pass this off to someone else for the morning...
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I am a very old user of yahoo email however i see they have started the pop3 once again but it was stopped long time back now as you said that they still have the services on i got few setting which you would like to use it on Thunderbird or Ms office outlook
Yahoo Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:
Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465)
Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)
When you configure Thunderbird or outlook go into the server setting and uncheck the box which says leave a copy to the server so anytime you configure your email it will send you back all the email kept in the server from old years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That doesn't make sense. If I uncheck that box then it will delete messages from the server after I download them. I don't want that, I want them on the server and on my client machine.In addition, that doesn't explain why in two instances it downloaded a bunch of messages and just stopped permanently.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I will open the question to other experts as it seems you are not satisfied with my replies. you may continue as respond to this message when you get a new expert on this and please do not reply to this mail as it will go vice versa. you will get a new email from a new expert as soon as an experts picks this question.
Thank you..
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish I can send you the details to connect.
Regards
Jins