Have a 2 in 1 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 3147. Can use the tablet…

Customer Question
Have a 2 in 1...
Have a 2 in 1 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 3147. Can use the tablet & the screen works. When you unfold and set up like a laptop, screen turns blank and physical keyboard will not type but cap button lights up
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
how old is the Dell Inspiron. The problem started today or it never worked before.
Yes, it started a week ago. I have tried reading and asking different questions to google.
It is a 2014
You still there
Michelle
was the unit dropped or its not sitting on the cradle correctly.
let me know what windows operating system it has on it.
Yes I have dropped it once when I first got it last year. 8.1
before proceeding with the troubleshooting there are the basic things which we need to know and identify or else there will be no point in trying hit and trial error while doing the troubleshooting steps.
Please remove the screen from the keyboard cradle use a magnifier glass and inspect the portion of the insert and then lcd which sit on the other hald past of the laptops keyboard do you see any crack or the connector pin damage.
i see you are offline let me know when you are back.
I'm back
Let me know the result after you inspect the connector
None
The screen works when I use it as a tablet
turn off the tablet screen or power off.
connect the screen and check it its sitting properly on the keyboard or not.
Now power on the computer and let me know if it detect the keyboard unit or not let it boot up completely.
Hello
let me know the status so that i may suggest further