I'm having problems with my web master. He has purposefully…

Customer Question
I'm having problems with...
I'm having problems with my web master. He has purposefully delayed finishing the site in the past. Now getting to the last piece for completing the site the site crashes and there is a 403 error message and now my site does not come up on the web.
My feeling is he created this 'hacked' scenario to further postpone the completion of the site. I know this sounds far fetched but this person can be vindictive. What can I do to prove or disprove he did this
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
5/24/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Proving intentional sabotage versus "garden variety" incompetence on the webmasters part, may be difficult. With that being said, Im willing to look into this issue for you.
Do you have access to the site where your website is hosted? Such as godaddy, bluehost, hostgator, etc?
Also, what is the website url ( the link ) to the website?
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
I do not have access to the website host.
The link is www.weslandinstitute.com
Most likely, the webmaster just changed permission of your website file directory.
Or, hid or deleted your robots.txt and .htaccess or index.html or Overview.html files.
Honestly, Id say its time to call a lawyer. Have a letter drafted up. And force Aaron http://your.pro/ to hand over control of your website and all its files. Hes even using your website as an advertisement on his company webpage.
As far as the website goes. uch of your html , xml and css files are recorded on the web already.
For instance.. View here
http://web.archive.org/web/20141218132606/http://weslandinstitute.com/
And I doubt this page will make too much sense to you, but this is some of your website code.
view-source:http://web.archive.org/web/20141218132606/http://weslandinstitute.com/
( the above link is all one line, highlight it beginning with view-source
And you can view the code in your web browser.
The reason I am posting this info is just in case your temperamental web "master" tries to delete your entire website directory, another legitimate, professional webmaster could rebuild most of your website from the source code and style sheets that are already cached on the web archive.
As far as the error itself. Its possible that the webmaster intentionally caused it. But not certain.
What is certain, is that any webmaster worth his salt should be able to fix that issue in a matter of minutes. Especially, since the website was working properly before. Worst case scneario all that needs to be done is revert to the last working backup of the website.
Not sure how much you were paying.. Hopefully, it wasnt a substantial amount.
if you have further questions, you are welcome to respond.
Dustin S.
Thank you for the info
I do have another question. Can a lawyer force disclosure of his server code. If so would the code contain a timeline of when the site when down and what type of hack it was, server or site.
The honest Answer is.. I dont know. I cant be certain about what a lawyer can or cant do, Im not sure if it falls under Intelectual property law, business law, that unfortunately just isnt my field.
What I can say, is that depending on what company is hosting the website. If its a public company, if you can prove ownership it shouldnt be too much of a hassle to have them hand over control of the webpage, and its hosting account.
If however, the webmaster runs his own private server. Only a lawyer could speak for certain on what can, and cant be done. My apologies I cant offer any expert information on that topic.
We do have a legal department here at JA that if you pose your question specifically about the legal aspects. A lawyer in a matching field should be able to advise you.
Dustin S.
dustin, do you know if you can sue a web master for breech of contract if they live in another state?
Again, I apologize but I just dont have knowledge in the legal field to answer that question.. My gut feeling would be that you can, but thats nothing more then a logical guess. We do have a contract law category here on Justanswer. With actual lawyers who have passed the bar and practice in their respective states. The cost should be very competitive compared to a standard consultation fee. http://www.justanswer.com/topics-contract-business-law/