I have a Lenovo Flex 2-15 i7 4510 8.0 ghz. I am a court reporter,

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo Flex...
I have a Lenovo Flex 2-15 i7 4510 8.0 ghz. I am a court reporter, and it is running my very slowly when executing demands. I bought this computer because it is ssd and I wanted somehing fast. I'd love to speed up the performance. Ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
5/23/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 years ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

1. first Let's end some of the processes, as that can cause the computer to be slow and freezing.

Please click Start, then Run.

In the run box, please type msconfig and press enter.
Please click on the Startup tab(Make sure it is the Startup Tab)
Please click Disable All Click Apply, then OK

You should be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.

2. run a full scan using your antivirus

3.Next, download and run Malwarebytes, a free malware/virus scanner.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Once you install it, Please Update and then run a Quick Scan and Delete any Malware/Viruses. It should take 25-35 minutes to complete

4.Once that is complete, please download Ccleaner, as this will clean temp and cache files from your computer.

Click http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Once you run that and delete everything, please let me know if your computer

is running faster.

Thank you

Once you run that and delete everything, please let me know if your computer is running faster.

Okay. I always use malwarebytes, I use Windows Defender and I use Hitman. It helped to do what you said, but how do I keep it that way? How many programs need to startup in the background when I start my computer, and how do I keep the rest from starting?

My computer has definitely been lugged down, I want to keep it running fast without damaging it.

Thanks

You can do this by updating these programs, and by scanning your computer every two or three days. please Keep only the important Processus like security programs.

You can also add more RAMs or uninstalling unnecessary softwares and deleting data (folders, files ect...) that you don't need to to free up Disk Space and make your computer running faster.

Hope this help, if you need further help, let me know and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

But I don't know what the important processes are. How do I know that?

can you take a screenshot of the processes that shows on the msconfig window

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-7

thanks
You can also try Process Explorer The download is a zip file and contains an executable file which doesn't need to be installed, you can simply put it on your desktop and run it.

It will display all currently running processes. It separates the services and the 'real' programs.

Thank you

Tried to insert a photo but it's not working. Here's the link...

photo uploader

or

http://postimg.org/image/qdvio7opx/

Thank you for you replay, Please try to disable the following services :

graphic

Thank you

Ok. Thanks

Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated.

regards
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

regards
Mr.Med
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast