I aquired the destiny expansion pack dark below & house

Customer Question
i aquired the destiny expansion...
i aquired the destiny expansion pack for the dark below & house of wolves but they wont download. i have gone into my add ons & hit the down arrows but nothing is happening. i go back to the game but it is still showing expansion required on both of them. can you help .thank you ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
5/23/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Did you purchase the expansions through steam? Or through the xbox or ps3 store?

from the playstationstore

Than you, and are you running a PS3 or Ps4 ?

ps4

Thanks.. If you go to the game on the PS4 Home Screen. Scroll all the way to the bottom to where it says "My Add On's" , does it show the house of wolves expansion as a purchased add on?
If it does and you cant download it. Try this
Go to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses. Then try launching the game and seeing if you can access any of the expansion's offerings.
If not, check if it will let you download the expansions now that you have restored licenses.
If you get stuck, or none of this works. Let me know~
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

i have tried restoring licences still wont let me download thank you william

After restoring the license.
Do you see the download button at all?
also...
go to the game on the PS4 Home Screen. Scroll all the way to the bottom to where it says "My Add On's" , does it show the house of wolves expansion as a purchased add on?

i am going into playstation store going down to library going to games going to destiny add ons going to related items it shows destiny expansion ll house of wolves installed destiny expansion pass installed destiny expansion l the dark below installed i hit the arrows alongside each of those &nothing happens thank you

If its saying they are installed..
And if restarting the ps3 doesnt let you access the new reef area.. ( its part of the new house of wolves expansion )
Then you may have to uninstall the game completely. install it. And then reinstall the expansion packs again.
So the question now is, since its saying the packs are installed. Can you access the reef area?

yes i can access the reef area but if i go into set destination & go back to the tower you see above the tower two symbols &they still say expansion required thank you

Ahhh, thats an error when the expansion insntalled.
Youll have to uninstall the entire game. Reinstall, and then, install the expansions again.

if i uninstall the entire game will i lose everything i have gained as i am at fairly high levels with all of my guardians ????

You wont lose anything.. Your info is saved and tied to your psn account.
Your entire ps3 could break down, and your account would carry over.
D.S

i have deleted destiny & reinstalled again & it is still coming back the same as before

Good afternoon, and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. By the time your response came in my shift had ended.
Try restoring your licenses again. And if that doesnt work.
Please follow these exact steps to reinstall the game.
PlayStation 4
How to remove Destiny from your PS4:
Turn on your PS4 system.
Sign into PSN.
Press up on the D-pad and navigate to the Settings menu.
Click on the System Storage Management menu
Click on the Applications menu.
Press the OPTIONS key while Destiny is highlighted.
Select Delete.
Press Select All.
Select Delete to delete the selected application.
Press OK to ensure you want to delete the selected application.
After a brief moment, the game will be completely removed from your hard drive.
How to install Destiny to your PS4:
Turn on your PS4 system.
Sign into PSN.
Insert the game disc into the disc drive.
Installation should begin automatically.
A progress bar will appear while the game is being installed on your hard drive.
The progress bar will go away after a couple seconds, which does not indicate the game is installed.
Installing a game to your console hard drive may take several minutes.
Press the Destiny icon on the home screen to launch the game.
Updating Destiny on your PS4:
Ensure Destiny is closed, then press the PS button located on your controller to return to the home screen.
Select the Notifications menu located at the top left of the home screen.
Click on Downloads.
Press X on the “Destiny Update File” icon.
Press X to Update Now.
The update will begin automatically.
The game is ready to play once the update finishes installing.

i have done everything you asked but it is still not downloading the add ons. maybe i should get in contact with activision &explain the problem to them & see if they can do anything about it. maybe reinstall the add ons ????

After following the steps above, the addons didnt download and install? If they havent, definitely attempt to install the add ons.
If thats still a "no-go" .. Contacting Bungie may be your best bet. Also, if you have changed countries or regions since you purchased destiny, the following faq may be the issue.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12459

i guess that i will have to try bungie . thanks for trying to resolve this issue for me thank you william

Thank you for your patience William, and my apologies that we couldnt get this sorted.
Since I was unable to help you resolve the problem. The link below may be of interest to you.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist