Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I cannot open the e-mail attachments on my XP Professional

Customer Question

I cannot open the e-mail attachments on my XP Professional computer. No problem before.
When the download picture appears, a skinny long rectangle box covers it and says
something about can't download something about "raw".
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please let me know that since when are you facing this issue on this xp computer of being unable to open attachments
also is it a specific file that you are unable to open or all attachments
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This happened once before, maybe several months ago. I am taking a writing course online, and my instructor sends me
work, etc in downloadable little light red boxes with darker red on top and bottom, farther down is a line that says the attachments
or attachment has been checked, no virus found. I can't open documents even then.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
how do you access your emails..in internet explorer or outlook
if you were able to open attachments few days back and this just happened recently try a system restore
Click start...all programs...accessories...system tools...system restore...
in the window that appears, restore computer to earlier date and time and click next
select a date may be a week or 2 back when system was running fine and click next
follow the onscreen steps
the system restore should reverse any changes to the system that might have caused the issue to occour.
let me know the status once done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this has happened only once before, I don't remember what it was. I have opened attachments from this person
in the past with no problem. Now sent me six attachments, I think, but he did not go over the specified limit.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
try the steps above and let me know