I was on Picasa awhile ago & the site began automatically download…

Customer Question
I was on Picasa awhile...
I was on Picasa awhile ago & the site began automatically downloading tons of my picture files from my laptop. They began coming in as duplicate files so I decided to erase one of what I thought was a duplicate file. Then I decided to wait till all the files were finished downloading before I deleted any more. Well, it turns out the "duplicates" all disappeared, & what happened was the file that I deleted (thinking it was a duplicate) has now been erased from not only Picasa but from my laptop as well. I am heartbroken because it was a file on my grandson's birth pictures. Is there any way I can retrieve this file? Please???
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
5/21/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Did you delete photos in the Picasa program? Or did you delete photos at the Picasa / Google website?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,