My H.P; 4500 E directions on screen are showing up in some…

Customer Question
My H.P; 4500 E directions...
My H.P; 4500 E directions on screen are showing up in some kind of foreign language. What could be happening?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
5/21/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please confirm is the display language on the printer itself showing up as a foreign language
yes
Why would this happen to my HP 4500 e
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
try the below steps on the printer
Press the Power button to turn on the product.
Press the Setup button on the control panel.
Press the OK button two times. The languages scroll on the display.
NOTE: To view each language individually, use the Right Arrow button
Press the OK button when the preferred language displays.
Press the 1 button on the keypad to accept the language. The Set Language menu displays.
once done the language should change
Let me know the status and i will assist further accordingly
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer
I am still having problems. I can read all the directions because the menu is in this crazy language. What can I do? I'm not sure I can follow all your directions because I can't understand all ofyour directions.
try this
Press the Setup button on the control panel
-Press the OK button
-Press the OK button again
-Use the left and right arrows to highlight your language...keep pressing arrows till you see english
-Press the OK button
-Press the 1 button to apply your preferred language
what is the set up button? what does it look llike? I don't have left and right arrows just up and down. What's wrong? My HP is 4500 e series.
ok thanks for confirming the model
try this
On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow to select the language, and then press OK.
Select your language and country/region
Select your language and country/region
Press the Down Arrow to select Yes, and then press OK. The Set Country/Region menu opens.
Press the Down Arrow to select the country/region, and then press OK.
Press the Down Arrowto select Yes, and then press OK
let me know the status once done
Again, pressing the down arrow is not giving me a select language list. It is still in foreign language I can't read. The rest of your direction are understandable but I can't get a selection for English.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer, and then wait for 30 seconds.
Press and hold the # ***** 3 buttons simultaneously, while plugging the power cord back in to the rear of the printer.
once is back on try the above steps again to change language by pressing down arrow
english is usually the 8th option
let me know if it comes up the screen to chnage language options
What number are you talking about ? I don't have a # ***** my printer. Does this show up when I unplug?
try this
turn off printer and unplug power cord
keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
wait for 2 mins
plug in power cord and turn on
now press down arrow key
on next screen press down arrow 8 times and english should come up as an option
let me know if it shows up or not
It says in English Manage Scheduled printing. Scheduled printing is set to ON for one printable: Mgmt Toolkit
On the bottom of that screen is says on the left Help and on the right Next
press next and check what you get..if unsure of the options simply press the home button and let me know do other display options show up in english or are in foreign language
I got: Manage Scheduled Printing
Highlighted is Pause/Resume All
Not highlighted next line is: Mgmt Toolkit:ON
select resume all
let me know what you get next
I got:
Pause All for 1 week
Pause All for 2 weeks
Pause all for 4 weeks
just cancel that or simply press the home button
let me know what comes next
Foreign language again!!!! This is crazy. Why is are some windows coming up in English and the rest in this language?
This is what is says on the screen:
HP Envy
Next: Kkopiranje
Skenir.
Dir.Bez. veza
Razine Tinte
Printables
This is on the home page
it seems there is a problem with the firmware of the printer
it has changed to croatian language
how old is this printer
also let me know that if you press home button and then press the down arrow button and the on next screen down arrow 8 times what happens
The printer is two years old but only used 4 months out of the year as we live in Florida the other 8 months and I only use this
when I am in our apartment in Massachusetts. I will try again what you said about home button, etc
yes sure
also if it shows in foreign langauge
let me know the options
i will try to use a translator to see if i can find the relevant english option to change it
It shows in foreign language except for two lines in which they say: printables and preferences
let me know all the options you see in foreign language
I only see what I mentioned above when I spelled them out to you except one word that says printables or preferences
select preferences and check under that if you egt any option like language settings or display settings
if not try the below
While holding the Select key down(the one at the bottom left of display screen shows up as a -) , press the Power key and hold it down
once the printer turns off, turn it back on and check if you reach the screen showing various languages or come back to the same home screen
The same screen came back
in that case the issue seems to be a firmware failure on the printer
we have tried all possibilities and sequences
the printer would either need a factory reset or a firmware upgrade
doing this procedure incorrectly may affect the main board of the printer
in such a case i would suggest to get the printer serviced through an authorised service center
you can open the below link to find the nearest service center
http://tinyurl.com/m569gqs
i hope you understand that since this a hardware chip program fault i could only try the options possible from the printer panel but cannot reprogram the chip as that can only be done by a service center
Let me know if you have any questions
Thanks for choosing Just answer
Tech Support Specialist: Kent-cssm,
 replied 3 years ago
Kent-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/computer/93s6r-h-p-4500-directions-screen-showing.html).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 3 years ago
Robert M., Consultant
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.
can you tell what language it is or is it just garbage ?