Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Gateway NE56R41u wont boot passed gateway logo

Customer Question

gateway NE56R41u wont boot passed gateway logo
Category: Computer
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.
Good morning from the USA. (Local time here is 02:10 AM.) I'm Bruce, and my expert nickname is "DrKlahn."
The system says this is your first visit to JustAnswer. I find that new users often skip or do not notice some information during question setup. It is boilerplate but it is very important.
• Prices and payments issues must be handled by Customer Service.
• JustAnswer is not a manufacturer's support site. That is why there is a fee. I support products from many manufacturers and I happily troubleshoot all issues, including those where a manufacturer says "The problem is not in our product."
• Experts are not salaried or paid hourly. My assistance goes unpaid without your positive rating.
• If the problem involves hardware, please have it at hand so that you can work with it.
• Patience is required during Q&A. I get responses by email, which takes up to 8 minutes. Then I have to prepare and type a reply. Please allow for this.
• JustAnswer provides services 24/7, but both experts and customers have daily schedules. If you respond significantly later it might be the next day before I can reply.
Now that you've read the above, please let me know if you'd like to proceed. I do know what the problem is but how to deal with it depends very much on your level of PC expertise and what equipment you have at hand.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have laptop with me plz tell me wat to do
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. I have just logged in for the day and seen your response.
What is normally seen in this situation is a black screen with a blinking white line in the upper left corner. Is that what you are seeing, or is there something else showing, or nothing at all?