I am running windows xp2002sp3 andd i am trying to run citrix…

i am running windows xp2002sp3...
i am running windows xp2002sp3 andd i am trying to run citrix reciver,but it fails to initialize and gives ssl error 8... Read full answer
i am running windows xp2002sp3 andd i am trying to run citrix reciver,but it fails to initialize and gives ssl error 8
5/9/2015
DrKlahn
DrKlahn, Hardware Engineer
Good evening from the USA. (Local time here is 20:42 PM.) I'm Bruce, and my expert nickname is "DrKlahn."
I have the answer to your question, but I'm sorry to say that it's not a solvable problem under XP. Citrix Receiver is not supported under Windows XP. (See the Citrix web page for the Receiver at the link below.)
If you can upgrade the machine in question to Vista 32-bit, that would solve the problem and be the minimal change necessary to support Receiver.
Citrix says: For Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, 2008, 2008R2, Thin PC as well as Windows Server 2012 and 2012R2.
http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver/windows/receiver-for-windows-42.html
This is confirmed at the Citrix discussions forum at the link below. As the commenter says, it's ironic that XP Embedded is supported and not XP.
http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/364452-citrix-receiver-42100-ssl-error-8/
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
DrKlahn
DrKlahn, Hardware Engineer
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am getting error Failed to find CONCENTR.CHM 2. Surface
I have not tried it for more that a year ago. But today, I got that error Failed to find CONCENTR.CHM 2 … read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
Citrix installer will not even attempt to install, it says
Citrix installer will not even attempt to install, it says the configuration manager cannot be initialized.… read more
IT Manager,
Get the mesige "The configuration manager cannot be initialized"
Get the mesige "The configuration manager cannot be initialized" when I try to install my new citrix reciver. I have eliminated all Citrix in the register Before?… read more
Baisil
Baisil
Stop searching for answers—
By trying to install Citrix Online Plug-in 12.3 (Windows7),
By trying to install Citrix Online Plug-in 12.3 (Windows7), finally I receive the message "All components contained in this installation package are already installed". Trying to uninstall Citrix I ca… read more
Erik B.
Erik B.
Network Engineer,
My windows live mail 2012 is not working corectly.ERROR unable
My windows live mail 2012 is not working corectly.ERROR unable to send/rec messages for telus (r2d2agar account) header downloads for inbox folder not complete.… read more
Managing Director,
Hello, I am running Windows 7 on a 64-bit PC. I used to need
Hello, I am running Windows 7 on a 64-bit PC. I used to need to use Citrix to access my work server but I ran into trouble a few months ago when I installed Explorer 8 and I couldn't access Citrix any… read more
David L
David L
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi, Ive just taken the BT internet service and so I
Hi, I've just taken the BT internet service and so I am now using Yahoo mail. I use Mozilla Thunderbird as an e-mail client running on a Linux operating system. I have configured my mail client as fol… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
I use windows live mail. Recently, holidaying in france, I
I use windows live mail. Recently, holidaying in france, I can'send emails on my btinternet.com server. Strange is that I receive mail automatically if I don't tap the send/receive item. When I tap in… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
im still not able to get CSG to connect. It does show all
i'm still not able to get CSG to connect. It does show all application icons but when an icon is run it trys to connect reports 'Cannot connect to Xenapp server. There is no Citrix SSL server configur… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I have had a virus andd removed if finaly at boot level and
I have had a virus andd removed if finaly at boot level and have spent several hours with provider to correct windows mail error.. Can't sent or receive msgs.. They told me to go here to you.. Please … read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
I am attempting to connect. I am getting the following error
I am attempting to connect. I am getting the following error message: Cannot connect to the Ctrix Xenapp server. There is no Citrix SSL server configured on the specified address. Please advise.… read more
Wiz of All
Wiz of All
citrix technical support I have a Toshiba R705 laptop running
citrix technical support I have a Toshiba R705 laptop running windows 7-64 bit and cannot find the software to down load to get to our corporate server which is Altmancos. The soft ware i have says i … read more
Erik B.
Erik B.
Network Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I am having difficulty accessing Citrix Terminal Client on
I am having difficulty accessing Citrix Terminal Client on my Windows Vista Operating system. It basically does nothing, including no error messages when I try to launch Terminal Client. This does not… read more
Jim Bayliss
Jim Bayliss
Senior MSP Engineer,
I want to log on to my employers email system through Citrix
I want to log on to my employers email system through Citrix as I normally do using my Windows PC, but using my new Mac Air. Whenever I try however, I get as far as the Citrix log in page, I can then … read more
Erik B.
Erik B.
Network Engineer,
Cannot remotley connect to my college H drive from home which
Cannot remotley connect to my college H:drive from home which uses citrix plug in. Software down loaded successfully. After User name and password XXXXX been entered I get the following message:Unable… read more
David L
David L
I am getting amessage that a server is rejecting my connection...is
I am getting amessage that a server is rejecting my connection...is there anything I can do on the user end? Mu IT dept has not ben able to isolate a problem… read more
Cpolarek
Cpolarek
I am having a problem accessing various applications through
I am having a problem accessing various applications through Citrix for work. Everytime I log into Citrix and try to access an application I get this pop-up that says, cannot connect to the Citrix pre… read more
JMU 1998
JMU 1998
IT Consulting,
I am using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 and I can recive email
I am using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 and I can recive email on my att account but when I try to send email on my att account I get the following error message. The connection to the server has fai… read more
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Master of Philosophy