My TOSHIBA has a computer with a lock on it ! My mouse dose

Customer Question
not work. as soon as...
My TOSHIBA has a computer with a lock on it ! My mouse dose not work. as soon as I turn it om it's on how can I get it off
karen
*****@******.***
[ ***-***-**** ]
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/7/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
To turn it off, hold the power button on the laptop for 10 seconds.
Let me know if that helps.
Thanks
It did not work
You want to turn the laptop off right?
Thanks
I can't all i have is black screen except for the locked cp
Can you take the battery out + the charger, and then hold the power button for 10 seconds. Then put it back in.
Remove powering (battery + charger) will force it to turn off.
Let me know.
It is still there
Can you please explain the issue in more detail. I am assuming that you just want to power off the laptop.
I had it on yesterday it was fine. This morning when i turned it on there was the locked computer With inter the startup password *****
Does it looks like this:

Thanks
a small computer with a pad lock and keys off to the side and on top Startup password
I will have to opt out because i am not aware of this issue. I will open the question to other experts with more ideas. Thanks
ok thanks
if it was on for to long waiting for my teach ; who did not call. then this think came up and today my teach said take it to a teach
Tech Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Hello. My name is***** can provide you with some additional assistance. It sounds like your laptop is actually locked and not the operating system. Sometimes these can be difficult to bypass because they are set on the hardware itself. Usually however, if you called Toshiba, they can unlock it for you or give you a one time code to unlock it. It will depend on the model of your computer and when it was purchased. That would be the best route to pursue. Alternatively you can try clearing the password ***** removing the internal battery but for that you would have to take the system apart. If you are comfortable doing that, I can tell you what to look for.
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan