Google Chrome has stopped working on my notebook, Windows Vista,

and desktop, Windows 7....
and desktop, Windows 7. It opens and then just shuts down. I have reinstalled, and tried to run in safe mode. No luck. I have visited the Google Chrome forum, but what a crazy free-for-allthat is. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Bob R... Read full answer
Google Chrome has stopped working on my notebook, Windows Vista, and desktop, Windows 7. It opens and then just shuts down. I have reinstalled, and tried to run in safe mode. No luck. I have visited the Google Chrome forum, but what a crazy free-for-allthat is. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Bob R
1/21/2015
s4sys
s4sys, Computer Support Specialist
s4sys :

Hi Thanks for using Justanswer

s4sys :

please let me know once you ready

Customer:

OK, ready

Customer:

r u there?

s4sys :

.Try to Uninstall Google Chrome again from programs and features in control panel.If it shows "close all Google tabs and try again"
2.Press CTRL key + ALT key + DEL key then you will get a screen with different options from that select Start Task Manager that will open task manager click on process tab in it, then look for chrome process in it if you find any right click on it and click on End process
if there is multiple chrome process do the same for all.Now try to uninstall chrome again.
3.To re-download and install chrome use this link https://www.google.co.in/chrome/ then check chrome and see if its working

If you still cannot uninstall or install it then please try to do it on safe mode with networking.To reboot the PC in safe mode with networking please do the following

Restart the computer then immediately press F8 key repeatedly. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking and then press ENTER.
Once you are in safe mode with networking please try to uninstall and re-install chrome and check it to see if you can use chrome again.

Please let me know how it goes

s4sys :

Please follow the above steps.

s4sys :

If this information is helpful don't forget to rate this answer now

Customer:

OK, if this does not work, how doI reconnect with you to conyinue my 5 or 6 minutes left.

s4sys :

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/8vyb0-google-chrome-stopped-working-notebook-windows-vista.html?src=dn

s4sys :

copy this link and come back here itself

s4sys :

don't forget to rate this answer

s4sys
s4sys, Computer Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My windows7 wont move out of 35% onmy "configuring updates.
my windows7 wont move out of 35% onmy "configuring updates. cant do anything … read more
Ugo A
Ugo A
BA/BS
My google chrome opens, but doesn't come up on the monitor.
My google chrome opens, but doesn't come up on the monitor. If I hover over the icon, it shows the pages are open, but nothing on the main screen. HELP! … read more
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Associate of Science in Social Sciences
Was running Google Chrome. Chrome update slowed considerably.
Was running Google Chrome. Chrome update slowed considerably. Removed Chrome through Microsoft remove program. Monitor went blank with message C:\program~2\support~2.dll. Cannot do anything. System de… read more
Waitongu2
Waitongu2
Sr. Application Support Eng,
Stop searching for answers—
I am using windows vista 32 bit. when I try an d connect
I am using windows vista 32 bit. when I try an d connect to the internet i get the message no networks found. the dialogic network adapter Diva server 2fx cannot be loaded. I have tried repairing and … read more
David L
David L
I am working on a Mac Platform, iMac running system 10.6.8.I
I am working on a Mac Platform, iMac running system 10.6.8. I have the office suite. I am an instructor, and prepare PowerPoint presentations. When I run the PowerPoint program, I am unable to "Shut D… read more
romr2009
romr2009
Toshiba L300-1AQ laptop. This is my granddaughters laptop
Toshiba L300-1AQ laptop. This is my granddaughter's laptop and she has just about given up on it. When it is started, it takes forever and either gives the blue screen of death or carries on and goes … read more
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi, My mouse on my laptop has stopped working. I have tried
Hi, My mouse on my laptop has stopped working. I have tried several other ones both cordless and wired but the same thing happens. The batteries are ok and I have tried resetting the mouse but to no a… read more
Adam
Adam
I cant get on the web. A virus has locked my PC and I have
I can't get on the web. A virus has locked my PC and I have a McAfee program installed.A window comes up on safe mode asking for user name and password. I put administrator in for user but I can not g… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
I am not computer savy! My McAfee says secure, no action required.
I am not computer savy! My McAfee says secure, no action required. However, Free Registry Fix states 1379 problms found, and windows keeps shutting down? I just paid for PC Tools. Any suggestions?????… read more
arsufi2002
arsufi2002
I tried installing the MS Office Professional Plus 2010 thru
I tried installing the MS Office Professional Plus 2010 thru the link provided by my employer onto my Gateway Desktop computer. I received this error message: "Setup is unable to proceed due to the fo… read more
Support Technician,
my firefox will not execute. popup comes up stating a runtime
my firefox will not execute. popup comes up stating a runtime error. i deleted mozilla firefox then reinstalled....same problem… read more
sangita.soni
sangita.soni
I received a word document that showed up as a .zip file. When
I received a word document that showed up as a .zip file. When I try to open it, all of a sudden internet explorer starts flashing different pages like crazy. I can't stop it without going through Vis… read more
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Stop searching for answers—
we have windows home vista and we have a red popup in the middle
we have windows home vista and we have a red popup in the middle of the screen that comes up when going on to internet sites saying warning if you visit this site it will harm your computer one box co… read more
online_help
online_help
I downloaded Google chrome and adobe photoshop elements stopped
I downloaded Google chrome and adobe photoshop elements stopped functioning correctly. I uninstalled google chrome and now I can't click on a url in outlook- get the message contact your system admini… read more
Comp Master
Comp Master
Engineer ,
I have recently installed Google Chrome which I like very much.
I have recently installed Google Chrome which I like very much. The problem after only about 3 days I can no longer view any web pages. The browser opens, but the page is white or sometimes it says aw… read more
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian
I have a Gateway MT3707 laptop, and am having problems with
I have a Gateway MT3707 laptop, and am having problems with the shutdown procedure. It takes forever, and it never actually does shut off when I go through the start/stop. I have to hard shut it down.… read more
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster
I.T.,
I purchase Adobe CS3 Extended last year and still have not
I purchase Adobe CS3 Extended last year and still have not been able to install it on my XP Professional OS. I spent on my own did all the trouble shooting and then at least 10 hours on the phone with… read more
JMU 1998
JMU 1998
IT Consulting,
i have a dell desktop computer , & i am having a problem .
i have a dell desktop (windows xp) computer , & i am having a problem . My problem is when i turn my computer on , i get a blue screen , windows is shut down. states ; a problem has been shut down to … read more
Wayne Brasch
Wayne Brasch
Accountant and Business Consultant,
Master Degree