I have a Nikon A3100,I am doing an online course.I need to…

I have a Nikon A3100,I...

I have a Nikon A3100,I am doing an online course.I need to know simply,very simply,how to add a still picture on the side of my 6 sec movie, Appreciate any help. Thanks Tom.... Read full answer

I have a Nikon A3100,I am doing an online course.I need to know simply,very simply,how to add a still picture on the side of my 6 sec movie, Appreciate any help. Thanks Tom.

7/17/2014
rufushoschi
rufushoschi, Computer Software Engineer

i'am not sure what exactly do you need. Do you mean the "Canon Powershot A3100"? If you edit the movie from your cam you must use a video editing tool like "Pinnacle Studio" or "Lightworks":

http://www.lwks.com/

this programm is freeware. A standard digital cam does not support video editing directly. If you want to put a still picture at the end of your movie you must use a video edtiting tool.

Greeting Guenter

I am sorry it is a D3100 Nikon Digital

Hallo,

okay your cam support many editing functions like put a picture from a movie (still picture) and save this to disc or cam. But i find nothing to put one still picture at the end of an video. In this case i think you need a normal video editing tool. Your cam can save still pictures from a video but i found no way to put a still picture in or at the end of a video on your cam. Do you mean save a still picture of an existing video or do you mean how to put a still picture in a video? The editing tools of your cam have limits and in many cases you need a normaly video editing tool.

Greeting Guenter

I HAVE TO PUT A STILL PICTURE INTO THE VIDIO

i'am sorry but i found no way to do this directly. I give the question to my colleagues free.

Greeting Guenter

Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
Are you using Windows Movie Maker to create the video?

I now have Windows Movie Maker, but I dont know how to use it at the moment

okay, thats great! Here are the steps from Microsoft tto make your movie>

First you will need to connect your camera and import the video, digital photos.

There are two ways to get this digital media into Windows Movie Maker:

• Import video directly from your digital video (DV) camera. This is what you’d do if you taped your family vacation and wanted to get the footage onto your computer and edit out the boring parts.

• Import existing video files, digital photos, or music that’s already on your computer. You might want to use existing digital media files in your movie. If you only want to include your digital photos in your movie, this is the way you’d do it.

For more information about importing media into Windows Movie Maker, see Import video from a videotape and Import video files, pictures, and audio.

Picture of video, a digital photo, and music in Windows Movie MakerVideo, a digital photo, and music that’s been imported into Windows Movie Maker

Step 2: Start editing

After you’ve got your files in Windows Movie Maker, you can start editing.

Add items to the storyboard/timeline. Drag the videos, pictures, and music you want to use from the contents area to the storyboard/timeline. Everything that appears on the storyboard/timeline will be in your final movie.

Trim and arrange items on the storyboard/timeline. Next, trim the video clips on the storyboard/timeline to hide any video that you don’t want to show in your final movie. You can also move clips from one spot to another, split clips, or combine clips. For more information about splitting or combining clips, see Work with clips.

Step 3: Add titles, transitions, and effects

Now, it’s time to take your movie to the next level by adding special, personalizing touches, such as titles, transitions, and effects.

Titles and credits. You might want to add a title at the beginning of your movie that tells people a little bit about your movie, such as when, where, and what happened. And you can add credits at the end of your movie to tell the world who created and starred in it (just like you see in movie theaters and on DVDs). For more information about adding titles and credits to your movie, see Add movie titles and credits.

Transitions. To make your movie look nice when one video or picture ends and another begins to play, add transitions between pictures, videos, and titles on the storyboard. There are more than sixty different transitions in Windows Movie Maker to choose from, so play around and use the transitions that look nice to you.

Effects. Finally, you might want to add some special effects to videos and pictures on the storyboard that’ll give your movie the appearance you want. For example, add one of the Film Age effects make it look like an old-time movie. For more information about using transitions and effects in Windows Movie Maker, see Add transitions and effects to pictures and video.

Picture that shows transitions, effects, titles, and credits on the storyboardHere’s a picture that shows different transitions, effects, titles, and credits that are added to the storyboard

Narration. You can take it a step further by adding a narration to tell your story in your own words. This works well if you’re making a movie that just has digital photos. To learn how to add an audio narration in Windows Movie Maker, see Add narration to your movie.

Remember, you can preview your project at any time by clicking the Play button Picture of the Play button in Windows Movie Maker under the preview monitor in Windows Movie Maker.

Step 4: Publish your movie and share it with other people

When you’re happy with your project, you’re ready to publish it as a movie. When you publish a movie, everything you added to the storyboard/timeline is combined and a new video file is created (this is your final movie file). You can then use a media player, such as Windows Media Player, to watch your movie on your computer.

Picture of a movie playing in Windows Media Player
Randy Computer Tech

you say that I am entitled to ask question becourse of my membership plan. what plan,

You may have signed up for the trial offer in the beginning. You can check with our customer service to see.

We’re here to assist you. How would you like to contact us?

| Chat | Phone

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a GO520. - and live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm
I have a Tom Tom GO520. - and live in Melbourne, Australia. … read more
Dustin Stroh
Dustin Stroh
Computer Networking and Information Securities
I uploaded photos and movies to my computer. The movies
Hello. I uploaded photos and movies to my computer. The movies won't play back on the computer. Only the sound comes up, in a sort of MP3 file. what is weird is that two of the movies do play and thei… read more
AAS Information Technology
How do I change the picture duration for all of the pictures
How do I change the picture duration for all of the pictures I've already downloaded to the Timeline in Movie Maker 6?… read more
Juliene McKesson
Juliene McKesson
Computer Systems Analyst-Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I have completed a movie in "windows movie maker". Everythi
I have completed a movie in "windows movie maker". Everything worked great! One small problem. At the end of the movie I am putting in a title and have used the "newpaper" format. I put my headline in… read more
Network & System Administrator,
I caught the SYSTEM CHECK virus and had BEST BUY get rid of
I caught the SYSTEM CHECK virus and had BEST BUY get rid of it for me. what is left of my computer is pretty much an empty box. What i'm most concerned with now is getting my ITUNES music and videos b… read more
technicalcat
technicalcat
James - trying to download IProrecorder recordings to ITunes
James - trying to download IProrecorder recordings to ITunes with no luck. Made sure "include voice recordings" was checked in ITunes. Not sure this is worth $58. Can we negotiate a fair price if the … read more
Network & System Administrator,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
For many years I used Nikon 5 (version 5.1.3) program to handle
For many years I used Nikon 5 (version 5.1.3) program to handle my pictures. It provide me with a very convenient way to view, organize and print photographs. So I've installed it on my new computer (… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
I have several pc problems: Windows 7 displays this msg "
I have several pc problems: Windows 7 displays this msg " The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect...: This happens when I tried to open Some of my progr… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
I am using Windows 7 and Picasa 3. When I download pictures
I am using Windows 7 and Picasa 3. When I download pictures from my camera, I don't always "delete the pictures when finished".. ifi I want to save them on my camera for any reason, the next download … read more
Computer Specialist,
Had to delete my I-tunes off computer after getting error I-tunes
Had to delete my I-tunes off computer after getting error "I-tunes did not install correctly". Was unable to re-install. All backed up to my I-pod. I upgraded to Windows 7 then re-installed I-tunes. N… read more
Tom K
Tom K
Assistant Information Systems Manager,
Not sure how I did this, but now when Im in Word, every time
Not sure how I did this, but now when I'm in Word, every time I type an email address or a website, or have an automatically updating date or something, it's not displaying the end result, it's displa… read more
Tom K
Tom K
Assistant Information Systems Manager,
Yesterday I tried to add music to my micro sd card using the
Yesterday I tried to add music to my micro sd card using the port on the side of my hp pavilion... it erased all of my music and will not let me put music on it. I tried my boyfriends sd card and now … read more
Tom K
Tom K
Assistant Information Systems Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a new Ipod Classic and I went into my Itunes account
I have a new Ipod Classic and I went into my Itunes account to find that my library was empty - all of my music and movies (purchased through itunes or copied from owned cd/dvd) was gone. I could find… read more
Tom K
Tom K
Assistant Information Systems Manager,
same problem.mr mar tried several options but none worked.laptop
same problem.mr mar tried several options but none worked.laptop still will not recognise tom tom… read more
sandy
sandy
Technical Specialist,
B.Tech
How can I make Yahoo! my default email on an Acer EX 4620-6456
How can I make Yahoo! my default email on an Acer EX 4620-6456 with Windows XP 2007? Thanks, Tom… read more
Jennifer
Jennifer
C.E.O.,
I have just bought a Nikon D300 camera. I shoot in RAW. To
I have just bought a Nikon D300 camera. I shoot in RAW. To manipulate my pictures I want to use Adobe Elements 6 and not the Nikon software. My thumbnails open as proper pictures in the Nikon software… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I am curently using Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard software.
I am curently using Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard software. When I download an image from camera or scan an image (HP 4010 Scanner), the aspect ratio of the resultant image on the computer is wr… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
When I transfer the images from My Pictures into Pinnacles
When I transfer the images from My Pictures into Pinnacles 10 they become very out of focus and blurry… read more
David Van Voorhees
David Van Voorhees
2.5 Years College w/o degree