I have an Asus Vivo Tab RT Model TF600T. After system upgraded…

I have an Asus Vivo...
I have an Asus Vivo Tab RT Model TF600T. After system upgraded to Windows 8.1 the Tablet sound system stopped working giving an exclamation mark on the nvdia driver. I tried to update the driver without success. I restored the system to factory default but I can't get it to go back to Windows 8.0.
Any idea how to solve this issue?... Read full answer
Any idea how to solve this issue?
4/16/2014
comp_audio
comp_audio, Computer Support Specialist

pctech :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today. How old is your tablet?

Customer:

New only one week old

Customer:

When I bought it , it had windows 8.0 RT and windows updated to 8.1

Customer:

after that my sound stopped working

pctech :

Ok, let me see if I can find the correct driver for you. I will be back shortly.

Customer:

ok thnks

Please tell me if you have gone to this site yet and tried it out.
http://event.asus.com/2013/osupdate/update/
Here are a couple bits of info that I will will help you....
  1. [Important: Read carefully before upgrading your system to Windows 8.1]
    nVIDIA graphics card driver

Please follow the steps below to ensure proper function after upgrading to Windows 8.1, if your nVIDIA graphics card driver is list in below.
    1. NVIDIA GB2-256 GF114-650-A1
    2. NVIDIA GB4-128 GK107-670-A2
    3. NV N13P-GLR
    4. NV N13E-GE

1. Uninstall nVIDIA graphics card driver after upgrading to Windows 8.1
    2. Install the latest nVIDIA graphics card driver.

Also uninstall any drivers installed for the sound card, reboot and install again.

Hello sir,

Sorry for the rate It was because chat ended with me on a hold... But the thing is like this.. whether I like to install something on the tablet it will redirect me to app store by telling me de app is not compatible with system... Like for instance you told me to download and install the asus live update, but it will not let me install the software

I restore the system several times to factory, but it will restore it to Rt 8.1 and not to RT 8.0 like system came with..so as a matter of fact I want to downgrade the system back when it still was working without any issue

Ah, I see then what your trying to do is not doable. Once you upgrade to 8.1 there is no going back. The only way you can do that is to start from scratch, and restore the tablet to its factory state by running the restore process from the boot drive, and not the windows restore, it is the complete factory wipe and restore.If you are still not able to do it back to factory using the Asus restore tools, then you will need to contact Asus support.

Well I try both restoring to factory with the help of an Asus technician but like u said it is not doable because it will not go to RT 8 anymore once u upgrade to RT8.1... The last update I got was to wait until windows release an update to fix this issue ... Because this is a tablet it limit my access to search for drivers because every time a search for a driver to install it will tell me that it is not compatible and that I have to redirect my selfe to the app store... But I'm not able to find it via the windows app store

I wish I had a solution for you, but the only thing that can be done is to probably send it in to Asus and they could probably do a complete wipe of the hdd and start it from scratch. Did the tech offer that at all?

No he didn't, maybe because the machine is not located in the states..

Ah, that makes a difference. Did you buy it in the states and take it out?

Correct sir

You most likely will have to send it back to the states to have it fixed, and since it was not on the list of approved tablets for the update they might charge you to fix it, or replace it. Often it all depends on the technician you talk to at the time. Maybe they will be able to work out something for free. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but sadly it is the only available solution at this time. Please know that we experts here help as best we can, and sometimes the only answer is the one the customer does not like. With that said do know that I do this type of work to not only help others, but to also pay my bills. So please do rate my service at least good. Again I know its not the solution you had hoped for, but it is the only one available.
I wish you the best of luck, and please remember to request me when or if you ever need to come back for more help. Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX (comp_audio)
comp_audio
comp_audio, Computer Support Specialist
It was my greatest pleasure to assist you with your tablet question the other day. If you ever need more help please come back and ask for me, "comp_audio". Thank you again.
Sincerely,
Matt B.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Trying to reset my pc says I need the recovery key having a
trying to reset my pc says I need the recovery key having a hard time retrieving it … read more
IT/Broadcast Engineer,
I have ASUS Tablet ID 001865002436073 with windows RT8.1. it
HI I have ASUS Tablet ID 001865002436073 with windows RT8.1. it has 2G RAM and only 212mb of available space on 26.7 GB disc. Can I upgrade disc space on this tablet? … read more
IT/Broadcast Engineer,
The windows folder keeps growing. Have less than 1GB of Apps
The windows folder keeps growing. Have less than 1GB of Apps on the C;\ drive … read more
IT/Broadcast Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I have not used my ASUS tablet for a while. When I charged
I have not used my ASUS tablet for a while. When I charged it and turned it on it would not accept my password. … read more
Sheri
Sheri
Have an Asus tablet that will not power up after factory
have an Asus tablet that will not power up after factory reset. looking for the model number now … read more
Michelle
Michelle
Manager operations,
I have a Asus TF600T Vivo Tablet. Can I use this product to
I have a Asus TF600T Vivo Tablet. Can I use this product to download, process and submit my 2015 TurboTax Deluxe Federal tax return?… read more
active1065
active1065
Bachelor
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have an ASUS laptop with windows 8. It has continually froze
I have an ASUS laptop with windows 8. It has continually froze as well as displaying "Your computer ran into some problems......." It has done it since it was new… read more
Satchi
Satchi
How do I make windows 8.1 enable my twist S230U do extended
How do I make windows 8.1 enable my twist S230U do extended and duplicate display. It was working with windows 8.0.… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
Does the Asus Vivo TF600T compatible with Skype? What 10
Does the Asus Vivo TF600T compatible with Skype? What 10 or 11inch computers with Window 7 compatible with Skype? I need to purchase a new computer and don't know which to buy that would offer Skype. … read more
Nick
Nick
Hello, I have Asus S56C. It was running very well. But, since
Hello, I have Asus S56C. It was running very well. But, since I upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1, I must keep it running all the time. If I shutt it down or put it in stand-by, It take a long time to restart … read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
I recently downloaded Windows 8.1 on my ASUS desktop and now
I recently downloaded Windows 8.1 on my ASUS desktop and now the sound is gone. Is there a driver or patch I can install that would fix this? Thanks for your help. -Ranjit… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Owner/CEO,
Machine was purchased with installed Windows 8.0. Subsequently
Machine was purchased with installed Windows 8.0. Subsequently was prompted to upgrade to a preview version of 8.1. Prompted to download Windows 8.1 to upgrade 8.1 preview that was on my machine. Told… read more
Michelle
Michelle
Manager operations,
Stop searching for answers—
I bought an ASUS invivo rt tablet yesterday. It didnt go
I bought an ASUS invivo rt tablet yesterday. It didn't go into any start up and it just has a pecture of of grass, mountains and the space needle on it. There is a login under "other user" It was in f… read more
Ms Techie
Ms Techie
Software Engineer,
I have a asus vivo tab rt thats less than 2 months old. Recently
I have a asus vivo tab rt that's less than 2 months old. Recently I installed some updates and after the tablet restarted the screen starts skipping around at the lock screen and the touch keyboard do… read more
Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts
My sound drivers show that they are working but i cant get
My sound drivers show that they are working but i can't get any sound with or without headphones. asus g50 g50v… read more
J Tech
J Tech
3 years towards bs in computer sci
The sound quit working on my hp ntb21020us lap top/ tablet.
The sound quit working on my hp ntb21020us lap top/ tablet. I have a service contract on it but I am hoping it is something I can fix myself with help. Thanks also, this might not be your dept but i t… read more
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian
Hello Iam using Vista 64 bit O.S. and I downloaded some audio
Hello Iam using Vista 64 bit O.S. and I downloaded some audio programs. and now some of my other programs don't have any sound out put… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
I have an Acer Apsire 5000 that recently got a bunch of really
I have an Acer Apsire 5000 that recently got a bunch of really nasty viruses, for which i had to reinstall everything. But before i did this, my sound just stopped working very suddenly. After the rei… read more
IT Consultant,