I am trying to set up Rosetta Stone. I got as far as typing…

I am trying to set...
I am trying to set up Rosetta Stone. I got as far as typing in my password XXXXX "Create your account". The following message appeared:

3217
There was a minor error. Click OK to continue.
2c4af1c0e9abb53e1c83c9c1f18eca5e00c0ac62

I tried clicking OK, but that didn't work. What should I do?
1/23/2014
Richard, Computer Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

This can be caused if the computer required a restart after installing Rosetta.

I would like to rule this out first please.

Can you restart the computer, then open Rosetta and try to create your account again.

Let me know if you still get this error please.

Thank you

When I restart the computer, your message will disappear. How do I get back to you to find out if your advice works?

Thanks Lisa,

After restarting, just return to this web page here.

you can press CTRL + D to add it to your favorites.

Or check your emails as you will have emails with a link in them back to this page.

Let me know how it goes, if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I re-started my computer and opened Rosetta Stone again. The same error message came up.

Thank you Lisa.

Can you close all programs please.

click Start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program

click on Rosetta and click Change, then click Repair

Let this complete and when it has, restart the computer and try to run Rosetta again.

Let me know the results please

I hit control panel - "programs and features" - and was informed that I must first choose an application, then choose to uninstall, change or repair.

When I highlighted Rosetta, the options changed to either uninstall or repair.

I chose repair, closed the window when that seemed to be complete, re-started my computer (OS Windows 7), tried to re-open Rosetta, and received the same error message.

Should I now uninstall Rosetta and begin from scratch?

Yes please Lisa

Uninstall Rosetta.

Then restart the computer

Install Rosetta again and then attempt to use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist

I uninstalled, restarted the computer, then attempted to reinstall. Rosetta Stone gave me the error message "Fatal Error #2124".

I then went into my hard drive files, did a search, and deleted any files with the word "rosetta" in them.

Only after doing that and re-starting the computer would Rosetta Stone start. I still have no clue what the error messages mean. This is a flaw that should be reported to Rosetta Stone. I am betting it is something simple like my re-entering my password XXXXX Rosetta Stone should tell the user what the error is and give the user a "go back and correct" option (similar to online purchasing websites).