My ASUS ET2012 power light is flashing and the screen remains

blank! I've even turned the...
My ASUS ET2012 power light is flashing and the screen remains blank! I've even turned the power off and the light is still flashing!
11/4/2013
Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Can you try something for me? On the Asus go ahead and unplug the power from the wall. Leave the power cord unplugged for 5 minute

After 5 minutes plug the power cord back in and turn it back on.

Let me know what happens Laughing

Okay, I'm waiting 5 minutes.

Sounds good Robert, Standing by Smile

Plugged the power cable back in, turned it on, but no change. Power light still flashing, screen is blank.

Robert does it make any noise at all when you turn it on?

No noise, but it is a very quiet all-in-one.

Okay, I'm not sure if you tried this already but that model can be used as a stand-alone TV monitor / LCD monitor.

Let's make sure the input did not get changed.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/DigitalHome/DAV/ET2012E/E6991_AIO_ET2012_web.pdf

Take a look at page 15

Look at button 9 in the photo.

Make sure the input it set correct.

Let me know what that does.

I've pressed that button, but I'm not able to tell if the input is set correct, because absolutely nothing happens, the screen is still blank, and the light is still flashing.

Robert, have you already tried to hold the power button for 45 seconds to make sure it's not just hybernating/asleep? If not hold the power button for 45 seconds, after 45 seconds release the power button and wait 5 seconds then attempt to turn it on once again

Held the power button for 45 seconds, light kept flashing while I did that. The computer will still not turn on and the light continues to flash.

It's starting to sounds like the AC adapter may be faulty (the power charger for the all-in-one) Have you tried it in a different outlet? How old is the computer Robert? It may still be covered for you to receive a free one from Asus?

Yes, I have tried it in a different outlet. I bought the computer on October 12 this year.

Oh wow, you've got to be kidding me! I can't believe it's doing that already. You know what I would honestly do? Every computer is covered under warranty no matter if you purchased an additional warranty in the store you bought it or not. I would take the Asus back and demand them to either swap it out for the same one, or give you your money back. Some places will want to "send it off for repairs" make sure you stress that you are not waiting for them to send it off, you need your computer for work and can not have any down time.

I've been a tech for many years and have seen some terrible quality control checks with all computer manufacturers. From the symptoms you are describing there is only two things it would be now. Either the AC adapter for some strange reason has decided to go faulty, or a stick of ram has gone bad in the all-in-one.

A blinking light indicates a hardware/power issue.

This is outragious that it has only been under a month and your in a situation like this.

I'll tell you what, let me know what happens when you take this back, i'll be here to help you in any way I can. If they need it to be "checked out" by a tech before the swap or replace it please let me know and i'll write a report for you that I have diagnosed it.

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing(To rate my help click the smiley faces below then press the submit button)

Also if you need any computer help in the future no matter what the issue is, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy

Can you please email your comments to me?

[email protected]

Anything i Type to you is saved permanently. On this page you can actually hold the CTRL key on your keyboard. While holding CTRL press the letter p

This will bring up the print dialog. You can print this out.

Also Robert I made you a shortcut link to return to this page anytime

http://tinyurl.com/robertasus

If you type the above link into any computer's internet brower it will take you back here.

If you need ANYTHING please reply to me anytime. I am online all the time, also I am on 7 days a week (East coast USA here)

I'll schedule a follow up to check up on you in a day or so to make sure they took care of you. The reminder will come to your email Smile

Thanks Robert!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer