cannot send or receive my emails. You have an ad for me to

creat a mobile account. I...
cannot send or receive my emails. You have an ad for me to creat a mobile account. I don't have a mobile phone. please remove this ad and let me get to my emails
11/3/2013
david
david, Computer Guru

david :

i would be glad to help

david :

to begin can you provide your email addess and replace the @ symbol with the text ( at )

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

I don't have a phone I can text it is the telephone or here since I can't open my email.

david :

if someone wanted to send you an email, what email address would they use?

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

okay now what. google attached my email and I want it removed so I can get to my email..let's try again my email [email protected]

david :

ok now can you type the email but replace the @ symbol with ( at )

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

melarsen1103atgmail.com

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

correct

david :

ok, now what happens when you try to go to gmail.com to read your email from a web browser?

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

it is still there

david :

and are you able to read new messages from this page?

david :

and can you send emails at well?

david :

you can try sending an email to yourself to test this

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

from you, yes form this page

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- : [email protected]
david :

try sending an email to yourself and let me know if it comes up in your inbox

david :

it might take aminute to show up

david :

just create a new email and put your email address in the TO box and put anything you want for subject and the body

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

how do I do this? do I leave this page? I can't open my email to send myself an email. this is getting very upsetting

david :

you can open a new tab Ctrl+T

david :

and then go to gmail.com

david :

then compose

david :

and put your email address in the TO box and add anything to the SUBJECT and BODY sections

david :

and then send

david :

this will check if your inbox and outbox are working correctly

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

do I leave this page and go back to the beginning ? how do I get back to you

david :

if you open a new tab Ctrl+T to visit gmail, this page will stay open and you can click on the tab above to come back

david :

or you can bookmark this page and come back that way too

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

I will book mark this page but to go to ctrl where do I go I am sorry but I am not that computer savy

david :

on your keyboard, if you hold the control key (ctrl) and then hit T it will open a new tab so you can be on two websites at the same time

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

gotcha

david :

let me know once you've been able to receive an email sent from yourself

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

I id receive your email but not they way I would access my email I went to google.com then in the upper right hand corner was gmail. and also my gmail address. iwas able to send emails at first before I went to this other site just now and clicked and received your message. I lost you completely when I tried to got the ctrl and couldn't get back sorry. However when I went to bookmark and my gmail the ad was still there.

david :

ok, can you tell me the steps you take to get to the email page that is having problems

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

I go to bookmarks and scroll down to gmail.com and email comes up. but now I get this full page ad for a mobile acct. the window says gmail to melarsen etc. I cannot d/c it and get to my inbox.

david :

hmm, perhaps your bookmark needs to be updated

david :

if you just type in 'gmail.com' in your web browser and get to your email that way, do you see the ad?

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

I don't know I didn't just now when I received your email. but i didn't go to bookmarks to get back to you. Ihave not tried to go gmail that way, to be honest I don't know what works I f you want me to try I will but how do I get back to you ? it didn't work before.

david :

you can use the bookmark method to get back to me

david :

but try typing gmail.com in manually to get to your email

david :

let me know if that works

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

okay

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

it went directly to my emails no password XXXXX what do I do you mean to update my bookmarks. I have 2 sites that I bookmark 1 is gmail and 1 is mozilla.

david :

did the ad show up when you typed in gmail.com manually?

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

no

david :

ok, then i would click on your bookmarks, then right-click on your gmail bookmark and click properties

david :

then change the address so that it says:

david :

http://gmail.com

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

okay anything else?

david :

that should stop the ad from showing in the future

david :

that should be it

JACUSTOMER-sjlviclh- :

thanks David lets hope for the best

david :

if my solution works for you, pleas remember to rate our chat

david :

or if you still need help just let me know what isn't working

david
david, Computer Guru

my email was acessable after we talked however when I went back I could not
get to my email again , a friend came by and showed me that on the site
there were 2 options sign in to email and creat a mobile acct. It was that
simple. your help was useless.ME

let me look at our chat history and i will get back to you
david
david
david, Computer Guru