hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

What is the best computer Anti Virus. I have Norton and its

What is the best computer Anti Virus.
I have Norton and its junk.
Please provide the best software that I can purchase.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

It is actually free for personal use, and it is called Avira.

It is both a virus protection program as well as Malware protection (which Norton is not good at).

The reason it is free for personal use, is that it is sold to business (this is where they make their revenue).

And the more computers a virus protection software is installed on, the better it becomes as it encounters more viruses (thus increasing its virus database).

You can download and install Avira for free from my link below.

Click Me To Download

I have been using it for many years and never a problem.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have Norton Installed would I have conflict if I install Avira software?

It wont, but I would advise to uninstall Norton after installing Avira.

Not due to conflicts, but so your machine is not slowed down running two anti virus programs at the same time.

I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials which is free and is what I have been using for many years.Here is a link to a review,http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avira-vs-microsoft-security-essentials.html
Experience: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have scorpion saver program it called ad peaks Northn can not unistall it from my computer or remove it.So you think antvius software will remove it?

Hello there,

Firstly, after you have uninstalled Norton and then installed Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) please run a full virus scan.

If you still have problems after that, download and install Malwarebytes. This won't conflict with MSE so you can keep it on your computer if you choose.

You can download the free Malwarebytes software from here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

You don't need to tick the 14 day "PRO" trial during the Malwarebytes installation otherwise you get a pop up asking if you want to upgrade. The free version is perfectly fine.

Finally, make sure that Scorpion isn't listed in the add/remove programs but I assume you have tried this since you say you can not uninstall it.

Let me know how it goes please & I can help you further if you need.

Best regards,
hkp