We have a web site and today we cannot access it. Here is the

message on screen: Warning: failed to...
We have a web site and today we cannot access it. Here is the message on screen:
Warning: failed to open.... on line 80
Fatal error.... on line 29
Help please!
10/25/2013
Martin, Network Engineer
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Is this your own website you are inquiring about?

If so, what changes were made to it before this error started appearing?

Link me to the URL so I can take a look at the problem myself.

Thank you,

www.formationintervenantscanins.com

Yes this is our web site. No changes were made to it Oct. 20. We could access it as of last night.

This seems rather strange if no changes were made to cause this problem. Does anyone else have access to your admin panel or FTP?

Do you have cpanel / ftp login info so I could take a look at the code? (Do not type it in here yet)

Change indeed! Yes I have the cpanel info.

What changes were made to the website right before this happened?

Use privnote to post personal info so nobody else can see it:

https://privnote.com/

Once you put the info in, click "Create note" then give me the outputted URL

Thanks

As I said; no changes were made since Oct 20.

https://privnote.com/n/zowehzxvxgdignbd/#asgsfljysyaimhzi

Ok, I thought you meant there were when you typed "Change indeed!", I must have misunderstood you, I'll take a look now!

By the way, have you got any backups saved?

Sorry. I meant to write strange not change.

No problem!

Looks like I'm going to have to brush up on my french, Ann.

May I ask what changes were made on the 20th of October and have you made any backups, ever?

They were changes of dates and I believe I added 1 picture.

Ok and do you have any backups?

No back up. Scary I know.

I am heading off for the day Ann, I will opt out and place your question at the top of the queue so other experts can view your question and try to help you if they know a solution to your problem. I have been investigating the problem and it seems some files may have been tempered with, either by another person or one of the plugins on your website since everything is set to have 755 permissions (allows them to modify almost any file which isn't good).

Note for other experts: For some reason phpGACL is not installed and is being called by public_html/libraries/loader.php therefore causing the errors listed on the website. In order to install it manually the php.ini file needs to be modified to include the SQL username and password XXXXX it can make a successful connection.

A manual reinstall of Joomla may be required.

Best Regards,

Thank you Martin.

Is someone still working on the problem?

I would like to change the setting for the 755 permissions please.

What should it be? Where is that setting located?

Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator

I’m Rachel, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Rachel

24 hours after the professional opts out, if no other professional has replied:

I’m Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on another professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. We appreciate your understanding!

Best,

Rachel

Martin seemed to be well on its way to solving the problem. Can he finish what he started today?

I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Rachel

Do you know when Martin will be back on line ?

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please give me the FTP and CPanel login details of your website. Use https://privnote.com/ to share those details.

Regards
Jins

Thank you for the info. I need to work on it. Will let you know the details soon.

Regards
Jins

Do you have an update for me?

Working on it. Are you sure you didn't do anything wrong on your files or updated joomla or any modules ?

What are your site contents ?

Regards
Jins

All I did other than normal contents updates is empty the cache.

Okay, I am working it.. It will take some time. Please be patient.

Regards
Jins
I just installed a fresh copy of Joomla. So, the site will show as a frsh copy. Do not worry, your old files and database are safe.

Now I need to go bed. Will continue the work tomorrow and will infor you the progress.

Regards
jins

Hi, I restored your website. Please check it. I noticed, some links not working. Please login to the administrator page and activate/reinstall the modules/templates you needed. Do not update joomla.

Please do not forget to rate my answer with excellent rating. The restoration process was a tough one and I hope, you will consider my effort and will give a good bonus.

Regards
Jins

Thank you. How do I activate the core modules ?

I see the following error when opening an article or module, therefore I cannot edit or even see the contents of that article or module.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /home/forma923/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 268

Also, the external links work, but not the internal ones.

The main menu does not appear on the website.

Okay, give me time to fix those issues.
Regards
Jins

The version of Joomla for the site is 1.5.26

I fixed the editor and link issues. Can you please send me the template file for the site's default template ? I think we need to re-install the template to fix the menu issue.

Regards
Jins

The links seem to be working fine; thank you. However the top menu still does not appear on top of the page above the rotating picture.

Also, when I open an article or module, what I see is the code and I cannot toggle to the actual text.

Why did you use Legacy 1.0 ? I know it is compatible with 1.5, but I would prefer 1.5 all the same.

The first article on the page is empty ??

Please work on these issues first while I look for the template.

Thank you

May that article corrupted. Please add it again.

It is 1.5.26 not 1.0, please note it on top right corner of the admin page.

I need to find the menu and editor related issues. But I need to fix the template first.

Regards
Jins
It seems, the first article on your page is deleted. There is no back up of the same and so, you need to add it again.I fixed the editor issue and now you can use the WYSIWYG editor. To fix the menu issue please send me the template file.

Regards
Jins
Didn't you find the template file ?

regards
Jins

Sorry I am at work and do not have access to my computer here. I will get back to you when I get home after work.

Okay, take your own time.

How di I attach a document in here ?

Upload the document to www.wikisend.com and give me the download link wikisend gives you.

Regards
Jins
Can you please resend it ? It seems the file is only 2.6KB and corrupted.

Regards
Jins
I think you have some issues with uploading. This file is only 3.7Kb and is not working. Please check the file size and make sure the file is correctly uploaded by visiting the download link. Send the link to me then.

Regards
Jins

You need not upload it. I already upload it and trying to fix the problem.

Regards
Jins

Can you please delete all menus and create a new menu for your need ?

regards
Jins

Good morning,

It does not seem to work. Even the default home menu does not appear (Accueil). Did you notice that pictures in some of the articles/modules do not appear anymore i.e.: témoignages et chiens en rehabilitation if you use the links at the bottom of the page.

Also, the name of the original template is back : MODERN CHURCH. We are not a church, but a dog training school. Also, to the left of the rotating pictures was our business card and now the original text is back. Could you change these two things back to what is was before?

We are definitely in different time zones. Where are you from? I am in Montreal, Canada.

can you please send the missing images ? send it through wikisend. I am from india. hope we can fix the issue soon.
Regards
Jins

I restored those images and fixed the menu issue. Now please check the site and try to add your own menu using Extended Menu module.

Regards
Jins

Good morning Jins,

Thank you for the pictures. I will work on the menu when I come back from work tonight.

Could you look into the pictures that do not appear please. If you click on the links at the bottom of the page, most of the time the pictures in these articles/modules do not appear.

Also, any idea why the header and footer sections are not aligned with the middle section (the middle section is more to the right) ?

Thank you.

Actually, It seems like some pictures and/or page contents affecting the default template alignment. I have limitations on fixing it. Mainly I do not know your language and if I try to edit some pages or contents you may loss it.

If you need, I can fully re-design your site. I am a fan of wordpress other than joomla. Following are some of the sites that I developed. Usually I am charging $1000 to 2000 for webdesigning and hosting.

www.joyscatersktm.com
www.cheruvallypally.org
www,feminworld.com

Please do not forget to rate my service with excellent rating. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. I hope, you will tip a good amount, because you know I spent a lot of time to recover your data.

Regards
Jins

On the web page: the menu is not in the template format, nothing happens when clicking on menu items, the drop-down lists do not appear.

All the menu items are already there (Joomla admin under MENUS, TOP MENU). What do you mean by "extended menu module"?

Yes, at last my efforts succeeded. Your site is back as on the old state. Please check, everything is working perfectly as before.

Regards
Jins

Yes it did. There is just one last thing to fix. The pictures in the following articles do not appear when we click on them on the web page:

Chiens en rehabilitation

Thérapie à domicile

Ateliers et conferences

Nous joindre (footer link at the bottom of web page only)

Do you know what the original cause of all these problems was? I would like to know so we can prevent it from happening again!

Thank you Jins!

Fixed those issues also. I think you updated joomla and because of some modules you using are not compatible with the newer version of joomla, the problem happened. Do not install any updates, if you do not aware about its impact.

I created a Backup folder on your web server and copied the files named public_html.zip and forma923_ficdb.sql.zip. One is your website files backup and other one is your website database backup. Infuture if this type problem occurs you can restore your site from these files.

Please do not forget to rate my service with excellent rating. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. I hope, you will tip a good amount, because you know I spent a lot of time to recover your website.

Regards
Jins
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Thank you very much for the positive rating and good bonus. Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/ Now let me file this question as closed.

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist