i am locked out of my computer and dont have a reset disk how

can i get into it...
i am locked out of my computer and dont have a reset disk how can i get into it
10/25/2013
Richard, Computer Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

To confirm, this is windows 8 correct?

yes

Thank you

Turn the computer off

Hold the Shift button down, turn on the computer and with Shift held down, keep tapping F8

This should get you to a menu, it can be tricky to do, but tell me when you are there please

just bought up the sign in screen

it can be hard to do, but you need to do this.

Retry until you get to the menu.

Remember, hold SHift, turn on computer and with Shift held down keep tapping F8

ok i have a recovery page up it says see advanced repair options or restart pc

Thanks

click Troubleshoot

Advance

Command Prompt

You should be at a screen where you can type

Tell me when you are please

yep there now

Great, now we make a new user account for you

Tell me the user name (one word, different to the old one) and password XXXXX want to have

username - shandrene hideaway for password

Thanks

Type in

net user /add shandrene hideaway

Press enter. If you get an error let me know, if not, type in

net localgroup administrators shandrene /add

Press enter

Restart the computer and you should now be able to log in with this new account.

Let me know the results please

still saying password XXXXX

You need to log in on the new account, not the old one.

just did a restart and not working still the same thing comes to sign in screen it has user written there and the space to write the password XXXXX comes up incorrect

Your still signing into the old user account correct?

why are you not logging now into the NEW user account we just made

shandrene with password XXXXX

That was the whole point of the actions we did

thats just it I CANT SIGN IN at all

You cannot enter in the new user we created?

no

what stops you from entering in the user account and password XXXXX we just made?

ok my laptop is off i turn it on it starts up and gets as far as the sign in screen i enter the new password XXXXX get told its incorrect

yes, because the new password XXXXX XXXXX the new account, not the old one.

On the sign in screen, you see the old user account there right?

yes

i have typed in hideaway where it still says user and get the message incorrect pw

Thats because your using the password XXXXX USer, the password XXXXX XXXXX the new account we created

shandrene

You do not log in as user, you now need to use the username shandrene

i give up the account is still user nothing has changed

you cannot change the account to the new one?

If not, then we need to reinstall windows.

Restart the computer and use SHIFT + F8 to get to the menu

Choose Troubleshoot, then choose Refresh computer.

This will keep all your data, but reinnstall windows so you can make a new account again.

Do this please and Let me know the results

i do that and it comes up hi user

enter the password XXXXX this account

On which of the steps?

k i hit trouble shoot and then hit refresh computer it comes up with choose and account to continue only one there is "user" and it asks for the password XXXXX have to go out will be back in about half an hour i will leave this laptop on

ok, then you need to use the option

Reset Your PC

It will remove all the data but we cannot avoid this without the password.

Do this and Let me know the results please

have just got home re setting computer now

Thank you Raelene.

Let this complete and you should be able to use the computer.

Let me know the results please

seems to be working ty

Your welcome!

We did the reinstall which removed the account and password, so your good to go.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Richard, Computer Specialist