When playing Tiger Woods PGA tour 08 golf, If I select the

"Play Online" option, I get...
When playing Tiger Woods PGA tour 08 golf, If I select the "Play Online" option, I get a blank screen but I can find buttons audibly. This screen works fine in Windows 7 but not in Windows 8.

I enabled Adobe Flash, checked the ActiveX filter and verified the latest version of DirectX ( 11 ).

Nothing helps.
10/11/2013
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to assist you.

Reset your IE browser, click on Tools at the top. If you don't see Tools press and hold the ATL key on your keyboard while holding press A.

From the Tools drop down click Internet Options, then a box will appear.

Click on the "Advanced" tab, then click on Reset. Do not place a check in delete personal data.

The browser will reset you will need to then close it out and re-open. Test out your issue with IE browser.

Let me know the outcome. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

I tried the Reset in IE and decided to reboot afterward, just in case. The symptom in TW PGA Golf has not changed. In Windows 7 I saw that the Game starts by displaying an animated "E" "A" to get things going. That has not appeared in Windows 8 and still does not (as well as the Play Online screen).

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Just need an answer that works.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

I think it is a browser related issue. Please click here and download firefox web browser. Install it on your system and launch firefox. Access the game with firefox and check the result.

Regards

Jins

I already have Firefox installed. What do you mean by access the game with Firefox. The game is a desktop application. Do you want me to run Firefox and then while it is running, also run the game?

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
No, you should set firfox as default browser and launch the online game from the application. Try it and let me know the result.

Regards
Jins

Firefox now opens when I click on any web links I have instead of IE. However, this has had no effect on the game.

Okay,
1. Right-click the game's desktop shortcut icon and choose 'Properties'.
2. In the Properties Panel, click the 'Compatibility' tab.
3. Place a check in the 'Compatibility Mode' checkbox.
4. Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) in the mode box.
5. Click 'Apply' to save your changes.
6. Now double click and open the game and try again.

regards
Jins
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Shortcuts for this type or damag-are,

are

Or right click on the game executable file and set compatibility mode and check the result.

Regards
Jins

Gratz!!! That was it. It works with he compatibility set Windows XP SP 3 (not 2)

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist