Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

This regards XXXXX XXXXX about me on google. This

This regards XXXXX XXXXX about me on google. This is very specific and appears as #1 on 1st page. Can I start a blog and post positive information / articles with the exact keywords to address this and knock it down the page?

Kamil Anwar :

Thank you for asking me again.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you paste me the query or link to the site with the negative information?

Customer:

Ok---but please don't be judgemental as the f/u story-the good stuff never got published-as usual.

Kamil Anwar :

Yup I know.

Kamil Anwar :

Don' worry.

Customer:

Before I do id this conversation private or will it be published on this site---I know many do. How can I be sure?

Kamil Anwar :

Don't type the URL yet.

Kamil Anwar :

It will be published and then you can request JustAnswer to make it private.

Customer:

I would rather just give you as much tech details as you need.

Kamil Anwar :

Also use http://tinyurl.com/ to convert the URL.

Kamil Anwar :

What are the keywords that brings negative results?

Kamil Anwar :

The solution is in the question. You can start a blog post to address that specific issue directly.

Kamil Anwar :

Use the same keywords which brings up the negative results in that blog posts and make it clear to users.

Kamil Anwar :

Trustpilot will appear in top results and this should cover it up.

Kamil Anwar :

There are other review sites too which are already optimized to be on top.

Kamil Anwar :

www.yelp.com

Kamil Anwar :

www.trustpilot.com

Customer:

I am not sure that I know what you mean by the tinyurl statement. So----I start a new blog and start posting using the exact same key words that are the issue only putting positive information. For instance the bad issue is x & I post lot of content about z---general good stuff about me- that does use the key words but a totally different spin.

Customer:

Ok---please respond to the question question I just asked and then I need to know-

Customer:

1. The blog idea I gave you is a good one and will knock the negative down the page

Kamil Anwar :

Are you typing something?? I am waiting for you to type after which i will send my response.

Customer:

2. Trustpilot? This is in addition & what does that do? Also--can a non tech person do it?

Kamil Anwar :

#1 I referred to tinyurl when i asked the link to site but we don't need it now.

#2 Yes, start a blog post, use the same keywords that brings the negative results. It may/may not knock the page down because it will depend on the metrics google will use to calculate the rankings but this will definitely provide a cover.

#3 Use Review Websites like (www.yelp.com, www.trustpilot.com) to collect reviews and information from users directly who had positive experience. You will have the option to send emails to those users to request them to write a review about you. You will only send emails to those who had positive experience, they will visit the review sites and post the review which will appear on Google quickly and be on top because they are already optimized to be on top.

Kamil Anwar :

Trustpilot, you will sign up there. They will give you a control panel from where you can send emails to your customers. You must have their email address and know who the customers are with positive experience.

Kamil Anwar :

If you type on Google: Tiger Direct Reviews (you will see trustpilot) appears in top results with reviews on TigerDirect.

Kamil Anwar :

Turstpilot can have both negative and positive results, your target will be to collect reviews from people with positive experience but those with negative experience may also post the review by going to the site. But the benefit is, that you can respond to those reviews to clarify.

Kamil Anwar :

Click Here to view reviews of another website and scroll down. See how they responded to negative review. Look at "Reply from Ebuyer (UK) Ltd."

Kamil Anwar :

I will recommend that when something goes wrong, you should always try your best to keep customers happy and turn their negative experience into a positive one. If they are happy, they will bring more customers and money to your business.

Customer:

Ok---I know you don't know the google metrics but do you have an opinion about the blog post option?

Customer:

I do have 8-10 positive reviews that are on my site already---not testimonials---other things. is that nearly enough to make an impact? Is it necessary -ethical to plug the keywords into them?

Kamil Anwar :

That is good, but the thing is they are on your own website it will be ranked the same way as you have your site now. If it's on a review website like trustpilot, it will come up in top results.

Kamil Anwar :

In my opinion you will do the right thing by doing blogposts using the same keywords to show good things about your business.

Kamil Anwar :

Once it is ranked to top, It will knock down the other URL with negative information. This will take time depending on Google but it is worth it.

Customer:

I did not mean to just have the positive reviews that are on my site just stay as they are----but can I submit them.

Kamil Anwar :

Do you mean submit them to trustpilot / yelp by yourself?

Customer:

Yes

Kamil Anwar :

No, you cannot. Trustpilot will delete it.

Kamil Anwar :

You have to send emails using your trustpilot account to those people and they will post it directly on trustpilot.

Customer:

Ok---you have answered my questions---thank you

Kamil Anwar :

You're welcome. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to ask.