I would like to purchase a new windows 8 computer. I am a

I would like to purchase...
I would like to purchase a new windows 8 computer. I am a long time user of the Portfolio Manager in MSN. Is it available under windows 8. I looked at several demo computers at Best Buy and I could only find Watchlist. No Portfolio Manager.
9/30/2013
Richard, Computer Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Yes it will as it is a web service, not an actual program on the computer.

So on windows 8, you open your web browser (Internet Explorer) and go to

http://moneycentral.msn.com/stock_portfolio

This is available on any version of Windows, and you will be able to use it on Windows 8 as long as you remember to access the web address I gave you.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

will I then be able to sign in and see my actual portfolio? I assume this will only work on the Surface Pro?

Yes, you sign in and see it exactly as you do on your current computer Tom.

No, it works on any version of Windows as it is completly web based.

As long as you use a web browser like Internet Explorer, it will work.

thats the only requirement. Then you sign in with your current user account, and all your data is there. No extra or special actions needed.

Richard, Computer Specialist

Will not operate on the Surface RT machines. Had to return the machine.

will not work on the windows 8 RT computers.

Windows RT is not Windows 8, these are two different systems Tom.

But still, it should function.

What was the problem?
Richard, Computer Specialist