How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IT Miro Your Own Question
IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 3140
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Type Your Computer Question Here...
IT Miro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

there is a weird dead space at the bottom the monitor (cant

This answer was rated:

there is a weird dead space at the bottom the monitor (cant see the mouse or icons behind)
everything is up to date my son just tapped the monitor by accident and now i cant get rid of this

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

That "weird dead space" is actually a dead pixel or usually, several pixels in a line. It occurs for LCD monitors if they are dropped or, in your case, tapped, but it had to be a strong tap to create dead pixels.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix dead pixels. If this is a new monitor and still under warranty, you can contact the manufacturer or seller to ask if you can get a replacement due to dead pixels. However, every monitor manufacturer has they own policy on dead pixels. Some of them will replace you the monitor, some of them don't.

I am sorry to bring you the bad news!

IT Miro
IT Miro and 6 other Computer Specialists are ready to help you

Related Computer Questions