Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I am the administrator on my computer. When I try to log on

I am the administrator on my computer. When I try to log on I am getting the message The profile service service failed unable to load user profile. I can log on using my daughter's profile. When I try to download fix software I get a popup saying I need to use the administrator's password, but when I enter it I get a error message and cannot download the software. Where do I go from here?
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login with your administrator account, then click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then check.

Does it let you log in Safe mode? Please reply if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will do this. How do I get back to you?

You can check your email for message from Justanswer later in order to get back to me via this web page. Thank you.