Carl L
Carl L, IT Specialist
Experience:  14+ Years of Extensive Computer Repair Experience.
27991594

I just purchased a Samsung galaxy note 8.0. every time I turn

I just purchased a Samsung galaxy note 8.0. every time I turn it on it gives me an error message that it could not be down loaded due to an error receiving information from server RPC:S-5:AEC-0. Don't know what that means
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.
**Please keep in mind that I am only compensated when you rate me OK, Good, or Excellent below**

I'm surprised that you're already receiving this error if you just purchased your new Note! What this error means is that there is a problem with the Google Play Service. Most likely you have an app trying to update itself and since it has to use Google Play to do so, you're receiving this error as a result.

I'm going to do my best to help you fix this without having to reset the Note and risk loosing important data. If you go into Settings then navigate to your Gmail Account, remove the Gmail Account completely, restart the Note, then add your Gmail Account back to it. This actually resets a lot of things with the Google Play Store that in turn should completely fix this error.

Feel free to reply back to me if you still have any problems. If not, please be sure to rate me Excellent today.

Thanks,
Carl L
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in settings and there isn't any g-mail account to delete

It will be under a sun category depending on the Android Version you have. Under Settings, do you see the option called 'Accounts & Sync'? If so select that and you should see your Gmail Account listed. If so, select it, press the options button, then select 'Remove Account'.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This isn't worth the aggrevation I am going to take it back. Just use 10 and cancel account

I know it can be aggravating and am really trying to make this as easy as possible for you. As an Expert, they don't give us the liberty to adjust the payment amount. I'm very patient and can guide you through this if you like so that I can earn a good rating from you.

Carl