John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Hi again John, are you there?Erik XXXXXXXX

Hi again John, are you there? Erik XXXXXXXX

John :

Hello sir,
I got disconnected from the remote session not sure what happened.

John :

Did the laptop boot successfully after the restart ?

John :

Thank you getting back to me.

John :

I thought i lost you,
I got disconnected from the remote session not sure what happened.Did the laptop boot successfully after the restart ?

JACUSTOMER-w84sk2k1- :

When trying to reboot the laptop it went into a repair mode where it was running app. 40 minutes and telling me that it didn't manage to repair. I rebooted in normal mode and the PC started as usual, and that's where it's running now.

John :

That is strange.when i ran windows file integrity check it didn't show any error at all.

JACUSTOMER-w84sk2k1- :

This is also my impression. I don't know why it started a repair but something must have trigged the PC? I just hope it was a "one timer"!

John :

I hope so too.Is the right click on the touchpad working now or not?

JACUSTOMER-w84sk2k1- :

This anti virus program you downloaded (forgot the name) it identified 44 malfiles. I wonder why my McAfee didn't find them? It is a paid copy I use. The program you run can it go together with McAfee? If yes could you pls give me the referance?

John :

before i tell that please let me know whether right click on the touchpad is working or not now?

JACUSTOMER-w84sk2k1- :

No - unfortinetly not

JACUSTOMER-w84sk2k1- :

Sory - I mean "unfortinately"

John :

It seems like the touchpad's right click is not functioning anymore Can i remote access to your PC once again check whether its a driver or settings issue of the touchpad

JACUSTOMER-w84sk2k1- :

yes, that would be nice

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give you the link to do the screen sharing.

John :

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=1485b481-f205-449d-8d37-2c2a57ea62ea then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know

John :

The problem had been solved. If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate me using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John, after you solved the touchpad problem I had to reinstall the system to an earlier date caused by a start up problem. By reinstalling I lost your solution. I tried to reinstall the driver myself but didn't succed. Could you do it again including showing me so I know how to do just in case - - -?

I apologize for the delay i wasn't online when you replied.
I will give you the steps you need to do please try that.
First connect the usb mouse then using that usb mouse to do the rest.
Click on start then type device manager in the search box and press enter that will open device manager window in that expand Mice and other pointing devices in that you can see touch pad listed right click on it then click on uninstall.if it ask's for confirmation please click on yes (Note:- Leave the check mark to delete the software if it shows) Once its uninstalled it will ask to reboot the system please click on yes to restart.After the restart it will install the driver again for the Touch pad and will ask for restart again please do so.That will fix the problem if it doesn't then let me know and we can fix an appointment to do remote session like we did last time and i will check it.
Once again i apologize for the delay.

Sincerely

Blessed day.

Note:- Sir you do not need to open any new question for this touch-pad issue. Even if you don't get a quick reply from me like in the chat before i will reply as soon as possible also you do not need to rate again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello John, thank you for your answer.
I fully understand that you cannot sit waiting for me to contact you and immediately send a response. You have already performed an excellent help and I just hope we can get the final malfunction under control. It may take the time it will take! So no complaints from my side :o) !

I followed your "recipe" as presented but after having typed 'divice manager' and before pressing 'enter' the PC goes into a: 'Microsoft Office Starter To-Go Device Manager 2010', and when pressing 'enter' the PC starts creating a package of data and programs for the purpose of installing Office on another computer in case you are away from home (it talks about 'On The Go'!).

I tried to run this process allmost to the end but it didn't give me anything useful.

Now I have two questions to ask:
1) how do I establish and go into this process as you described? (So far I followed your guidance).
2) this way of updating a driver is it valid for all drivers on the computer or for the 'touchpad driver' only

Looking forward for your responce.

Sir i apologize for the delay.
The keyword you typed is divice manager which is incorrect.you need to type device manager.if that didn't work then please try the following
Click on start then righ click on computer then click on properties that will open system window in that click on device manager.once device manger window is opened then do the above same instructions which is expand Mice and other pointing devices in that you can see touch pad listed right click on it then click on uninstall.if it ask's for confirmation please click on yes (Note:- Leave the check mark to delete the software if it shows) Once its uninstalled it will ask to reboot the system please click on yes to restart.After the restart it will install the driver again for the Touch pad and will ask for restart again please do so.That will fix the problem if it doesn't then let me know and we can fix an appointment to do remote session like we did last time and i will check it.

Sincerely
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I'm a little bit confused about when to use email and when to use this website. Pls be patienced.

Hello again John,
Now it works! Thank you very much for the support, it was good to get it done.

I just wonder - yesterday when I tried to update the driver software following the "standard procedure" Windows told me that the driver is the latest copy meaning that there is no update available. How come that your method is working then?

Then a question: Is this method of yours valid to all drivers - or this one only?

Again thank you very much for your support, it has been very helpful.

All the best
Erik Andersen

P.S. The misspelling of 'device' did occur only in my message to you, not when I tried to implement your 'recipe' on computer.

I am glad to know that its working back to normal.

The driver method i mentioned is only for repairng corrupted drivers so in your case it applies only for touch-pad driver.i hope that answers your question

Once again thank you very much for contacting me back to clear the issue and thank you for your cooperation and patience

Sincerely

Have a Great God Blessed Day
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

I just wonder - yesterday when I tried to update the driver software following the "standard procedure" Windows told me that the driver is latest copy meaning that there is no update available. How come that your method is working then?

Then a question: Is this method of yours valid to all drivers - or only this one?

All the best
Erik

Hello Sir,
The driver update option updates when there is a important update available.the method i had given is not for updating the driver its for first removing the driver then re-installs the generic driver which is in-built in the windows 7.This method is valid for only this one.I hope you got it now?

Thanking You

Blessed Day