Ive purchased and tried to use an Acclaim Recovery Media "SW

I've purchased and tried to...
I've purchased and tried to use an Acclaim Recovery Media "SW Media - DVD-SATELLITE-P755-Windows 7 64bit Home Premium-EN for Satellite P755-S5381". I have tried about 20 times. Each time I get one of three errors:
F3-F1000-0003
F3-FF00-0026
05-0172-045D

Do you think I need to replace my internal hard drive?
8/28/2013
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Dan :

Hello and thank you for your question, I would be happy to help you today. How old is your computer?

Customer:

Purchased December 2011.

Dan :

The first code indicates a catastrophic HDD failure. The second code by itself may have been repairable but not combined with the first. Your computer is probably out of warranty but most drives usually have a 3 year warranty you may be able to take advantage of.

Customer:

Thank you!

Dan :

I would consider a solid state drive if you are going to replace it. Check this link to see what I am talking about.

Customer:

I have opened up the link. I've never purchased a hard drive before. Can you tell me which one is the right one for my laptop?

Dan :

Your laptop is new enough so you shouldn't have a problem with any of the current models. You could replace it with the same brand as was used by the manufacturer, but just the solid state version. The solid state drives are much faster, have no moving parts, and make no noise. They may cost a little more but are worth it in the long run in my opinion.

Customer:

OK. It still looks like there are many different formats with differing numbers of pins, etc... . I'm sure I need to have some specific "numbers" to specify the hard drive that will be able to replace my broken one. Is that information found on my old hard drive/

Dan :

Give me a minute please and I will see what I can find out.

Customer:

I've removed my hard drive. It says: Toshiba MK7575GSX

Customer:

aLSO SAYS: HDD2L01 B UL01 B S/N 81K5D10HB N19 EC. A

Customer:

ALSO: 8455MB (CYL16383 H16, 563 750GB (LBA 1,465,149,168 Sectors)

Dan :

Your computer uses what is called a Serial ATA drive or SATA drive. As long as you order a drive like that for a laptop you will have no problems.

Customer:

Any Serial ATA drive or SATA will do! OK!

Dan :

Correct, as long as it is for a laptop.

Customer:

Would this one work?

Seagate Laptop Thin 500 GB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6Gb/s 64 MB Cache 2.5 Inch ST500LM000
Dan :

That will work just fine.

Customer:

Thank you!

Dan :

Good luck!!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Dan, Computer Support Specialist