My Acer Windows 8 desktop has an Acer touch screen monitor

and has several problems: 1) Shuts...
My Acer Windows 8 desktop has an Acer touch screen monitor and has several problems:

1) Shuts down in the middle of Netflix movies

2) Often does not permit the Microsoft wireless mouse or keyboard to operate

3) Can only boot up sometimes
8/27/2013
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

Please tell me the product model number.

Michelle :

how old is the computer

Customer:

Aspire XC600 Bought at Fry's February 2013

Michelle :

Thanks for the infor

Michelle :

are we chatting on a different computer

Customer:

yes of course

Michelle :

we might have to restart the computer

Michelle :

ok thanks

Michelle :

unplug the power cable from the back of the Aspire XC600

Customer:

OK it is unplugged

Michelle :

press and hold the power button which is in the front of the desktop for 15 seconds

Michelle :

release it

Michelle :

do you have anything else connected to the acer desktop

Michelle :

apart from the wireless keyboard and mouse

Customer:

I pressed the power button for 5 seconds while the computer was unplugged

Customer:

Correction - I pressed for 15 seconds

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

Customer:

The computer is also connected to the Acer touch screen

Michelle :

please turn the computer on and once you are in windows let me know

Customer:

The computer is on and the monitor is on but there are no windows or tiles or charms on the screen. As I stated it only boots up sometimes.

Michelle :

un plug the monitors video cable from the back of the computer

Michelle :

and check for any pins which is bent or broken

Customer:

I assume the video cable is dark blue and has 2 protruding finger screws. It does not show bent or broken pins.

Michelle :

that is correct

Michelle :

unplug the video cable and turn on the monitor and tell me if you get a display saying no video or signal.

Michelle :

if you get this message on the monitor that means the monitor is good and the problem is with the desktop computer then we can move further to identify further.

Customer:

I have received the "no signal" notice several times earlier tonight.

Customer:

Do you have remote access because the computer works sometimes even without the keyboard as we have the on screen keyboard. Getting booted up is the problem.

Michelle :

yes i have remote access

Michelle :

i will give you the link and let me check if the computer acts fine on remote

Customer:

How long should I press the power button to boot up?

Michelle :

you can release it now

Michelle :

you dont have to keep it pressed down all the tine

Michelle :

time

Michelle :

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=a69ceb8c-92c6-4b4a-b9a3-a263617ec2bd

Customer:

The computer is on. The monitor was starting to turn on but is now silent.

Michelle :

did you get the initial Acer display when you turned the computer on.

Customer:

Yes, I sometimes get Acer on the screen but not windows.

Customer:

I have turned the computer on and off a dozen times tonight. It actually worked with windows twice.

Customer:

It worked with the keyboard once last night but tonight all was with on screen keyboard.

Michelle :

are you able to see windows screen on the monitor

Michelle :

just wanted to know if the computer is booting

Customer:

I have not rebooted successfullly in the last 5 attempts.

Michelle :

any error or you just get a blank screen

Michelle :

i would suggest you to open and check the connection of the hard drive inside but the problem is that the computer is under warranty

Customer:

Blank screen.

Michelle :

if we open the cover then the warranty will be void.

Customer:

I have never opened any computer.

Michelle :

my suggestion will be to call a number i will give and then you might get a replacement computer a new unit or the service personnel will fix the problem onsite or you may have to carry the unit to the nearest service center to get the problem fixed

Customer:

It did open twice earlier tonight.

Customer:

I mean it booted up twice.

Michelle :

i know what the problem is i can get you the opened the box but the warranty will expire as you open

Michelle :

the problem is with the harddrive or the boot files.

Customer:

What is the problem?

Michelle :

tell me what you want to do

Michelle :

either the harddrive cable is loose or the windows boot files are corrupted due to which its not booting.

Customer:

How can I boot up and then request a remote connection? It has booted earlier.

Michelle :

booting is the problem

Michelle :

if it boots fine then i can fix the windows glitch

Customer:

Yes. That was point #3 in my opening statement.

Michelle :

computer doesnt boot when the windows boot files has a problem or the harddrive is bad or not connected

Michelle :

yes i know

Michelle :

you have to decide about the warranty part then i can suggest you solution

Michelle :

did you get any disk along with the computer

Customer:

I will not violate the warranty but will try once again to reboot. No disc with the computer/

Michelle :

is the computed power off now

Michelle :

try to tap on the sides lightly when its off

Michelle :

turn the power on and see if it boots

Customer:

It just booted and the mouse/keyboard both work. I will sign out on this computer and call you on the other, OK

Michelle :

ok good

Michelle :

i got it

Michelle :

its a loose connection to the hard drive cable and the mother board of the computer

Michelle :

as you tapped it and it worked

Michelle :

my suggestion to you is call Acer and get the harddrive reseated the warranty will be good and well as the problem will be fixed,

Michelle :

if you open the box the problem will be fixed but the warranty will be void.

Customer:

Is it possible that the starting and restarting created a problem that can be fixed online .

Michelle :

no sir this is not a windows startup problem this is a connection problem

Michelle :

the cable which connects the hard driver and the main board

Michelle :

it can be the data cable or the power cable which connects the harddrive to the computers main board.

Michelle :

do you want me to give you the numer

Michelle :

number

Customer:

Please send ma an e-mail with your service recommendations.

Michelle :

Contacts

Acer America
Acer America Corporation
333 West San Carlos Street
Suite 1500
San Jose, CA 95110
(408)(NNN) NNN-NNNN– Phone
(408)(NNN) NNN-NNNN– Fax

Michelle :

its already there in your inbox

Customer:

Good night.

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below to complete the rating and end the chat. If you have any question or need more help please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Michelle :

Goodnight

Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist