Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.
Yes you can with a free program called Recuva
First you need to download some free software from here http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard
Now follow these steps and you will recover anything that is capable of being recovered.
1. Download and install the Recuva software.
2. Plug in your Camera to the computer or insert the SD card so the SD card appears as a drive eg: E:
3. Open Recuva and cancel out of the wizard.
4. Pull down the first drop box and select your SD card.
5. Pull down the second drop box and choose “pictures”.
6. Go into the options menu and select “Tree mode.”
(This will give you the option to select the entire card.)
7. Hit “Scan” and allow Recuva to discover your files.
8. If you do not need the entire card use the thumbnail view or list view.
9. Click “Recover.”
10. It will ask where you want to recover to.
(My suggestion is create a folder on your desktop and select that.)
11. Let it work and if its possible to retrieve the data, this program will do it.
If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further