I am a novice, how to save on desktop

I am a novice, how to save on desktop
7/27/2013
Charles A. Roberts
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question. I am very sorry you are having a complication. Just to verify you don't know how to save something on your desktop and what are you trying to extract? Can you tell me more about what you have ran into please so I can help you and advise you better?Smile

Hi Charles,

In my window 7, I have not been able to open NEW FOLDER for some time for organizing my documents. That's all my problem. My 'word' software is old & documents do not open immediately, in pdf also.

Ok are you meaning your machine is going very slow and it's taking a while for documents to open and you have a folder called new folder and it's not opening?

Computer is not very slow but the document in word software open by clicking repeatedly. Reg. new folder I mean the Tab on the top in documents when you want to open another new folder, you click on the tab & new folder opens & you can name it as you like

I do not have a new folder that I can not open.

OK if you would like so I can see what is going on from here and to get a better idea of what you mean I would like to ask if perhaps we could do a remote assistance session?

O.K

you can start remote session but I have tried to explain sufficiently..

OK so just to verify you have to click on the document a lot repeatedly to get it to open correct. I think I know what is going on but I just want to make sure that is correct first.

So you want to start session?

Before doing that I want to verify, do you have to click on the document a lot repeatedly to get it to open?

Not the way you are saying. Some times it does not open on first double click (I am talking of the word documents)

The main problem was that I cannot open "new Folder"

Ok here is the link to start the remote session so I can see from here what is going on. http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=905b079b-d815-4633-bd1f-2049f393f08d

I am very sorry we don't offer phone support I will however opt out of this question for another expert to take over as I am out of ideas. This is usually virus related.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Ive created a command file, that will repair the issue for you.

Please click the link below to download it.

http://goo.gl/GSjKzp

Once downloaded.. Save the file.. Then go into the folder that it saved to, right click and copy the file.

And then paste it to your desktop .. Then when it is on your desktop background.

Right click the file, and then click Merge.. Or double left click the file to run it.

You should see a black window flash briefly, but thats about it.

Then test and see if you can make a new folder...

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green submit button to rate the answer. We can still communicate after rating, as rating does not end the conversation.

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

When I right click the file on the desk top & click merge, message says

"adding information can unintentionally can change or delete values & cause component to stop working correctly. If you don't know the source do not do it". The black screen does not come & when I accept & click 'yes' then another window opens with message.

"Cannot import import....................

I could not copy before I lost the message

But after all that I see that "New Folder' start coming.

I posed another question to him "that my Microsoft word is probably of 2007, it was working alright but for the last few months it takes more time to open document sometimes & some times it does not respond for a long time." What can be done??

Ok.. So to clarify.. After running the file I sent you..

Even though it coldnt import part of it.. You now have new folder access again?

As far as Word 2007.. Heres what we need to do.

Lets run a detect and repair on word. Heres how.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/microsoft-office/detect-and-repair-applications-in-microsoft-office-2007/

If you get stuck or run into any issues, please let me know.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

It seems that what you have written for 2007 it does not show. How to find which version my soft ware is?

The easiest way to do so..

Is to go to start, control panel, unistall programs.. ( but dont uninstall anything )

Then... On the list of installed programs.

Do you have micrsoft office 2003, office 2007, office 2010, or office 2013 listed?

I do not see Microsoft Office but I see Microsoft office word viewer 2003 & Microsoft office excel viewer or Microsoft office xp professional with front page

What it means?????????

Ok..

Lets look at a few photos.

Does your word look like this?

656 × 485 - add-in-express.com

Or this?

500 × 351 - baycongroup.com

Or this?

796 × 547 - addintools.com

???

None of these but can you not get remote access to my computer? it says "Microsoft office XP"

I can do remote access, but I wont be at a computer to do so for another hour and a half.. Im out and about running errands, typing from a tablet and using my cell phone data connection. ( cant connect to the remote session via my cell data plan )

D.S

I will wait for your response at 4pm my time which is EST

I feel this issue is very important & needs to be resolved.

I appreciate................Thank you.

I feel the issue is Important as well.. Which is why I programmed that repair file to fix the folder issue!

Im certain that we can resolve the word issue.. It shouldnt take long once we connect.

Will watch for a message from you at 4pm EST.

D.S

I am waiting if you want to access computer & solve that "word" problem

To connect.

Please click the link below.

http://166.78.231.170:8040

the password XXXXX word issue

after entering the password, its going to ask you to allow, download and run a file. Please make sure you allow and agree and install that file, as its our connection file.

Once your connected, or if you have any issues connecting, please send me a reply here as soon as you can and let me know what happens, either way.

D.S
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

It is long time I had entered pass word & then clicked 'Join'

nothing is happening

I was waiting for you to message me..

It appears you are connected now, please stanby while i connect to you!

D.S

Hi D S,

My computer needs to be checked thoroughly. Some times messages come like 'internet explorer not responding' some times same thing for some soft ware some times it says "DVD recorder has stopped working"

Such messages keep coming for no obvious reason.

What could be wrong??????

Hello Sam..

Id be happy to connect to your computer and check over things thoroughly.

Being that the new issue would be unrelated to the main issus that you and I already dealt with..

I would need you to ask a new question VIA my profile.. Make sure you start the question with, For D.Sandlin Only, request for remote appointment Today ( tommorow ) etc.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-dsandlin/

I wont be able to start an appointment till Noon.. ( its 9 am my time )

But from noon onward, I am free for the following 12 hours..

Dustin S.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist