Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Have installed Toshiba backup P/N HDTC605XK3A1, Serial 134WTAZNTXLY

Have installed Toshiba backup P/N HDTC605XK3A1, Serial 134WTAZNTXLY on eMac. Need procedure for periodic updating of backup content.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Setting up a backup solution is a very important thing to do for your needed data.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Didn't install backup myself—had it done by geek. It responded w/ up-to-date content but didn't self-update at any later time. Do I need a remote link to do this, as you mention?

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=ff028660-d4ed-4f30-b615-83b000218679

Then on that page click the button that says, "Join Session".

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Firefox, not latest version. (On this 2001 eMac I can't get an operating system any newer than 10.4.11.)

Java Web Start reports Download Error: "missing version field in response from server."

Please, run it with Safari instead.

Please, let me know when you are ready to continue John.

The simple setup for Time Machine / backups are explained here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StXlk6Rk73k

If you have any issues or wish to continue with me, please, let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Jason, I can't run that application on either Safari or Firefox, because my
versions of both are too backdated. They;re the most recent versions that
will work w/ OS 10.4.11, which is the latest the eMac will take.
It appears I've been wasting your time, for which I apologize. O.K. w/ me
to pay the charge and drop the discussion. You've certainly done your best
to try to fish me out, which I appreciate.

PS Time Machine not available to me either (OS X 10.4.11 appears to be too old for it).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for bearing with me, Jason. Time Machine would seem to offer a simpler way around the problem, but my Mac pre-dates Time Machine.